Antibiotics

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
YORKIE
Expatriate

Antibiotics

Post by YORKIE »

Hi, Amoxi-Denk 1000 ( Made In Germany ) ( Bought In Phnom Penh ). Anyone know if these Tabs are okay for treating Thrush ?.
Asking for my Son.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Antibiotics

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Nah
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

maybe
thru shit to more shit
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

If you can’t find a doc in sea I would introduce you to one in Kurdistan. Or if your son is Cambodian, don’t worry, give to him, at least you have a product from Germany .
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

No. Nystatin or miconazole. It is often a consequence of antibiotic use. Probiotics should get rid of it.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

YORKIE wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 am Hi, Amoxi-Denk 1000 ( Made In Germany ) ( Bought In Phnom Penh ). Anyone know if these Tabs are okay for treating Thrush ?.
Asking for my Son.
No Thrush is a fungal infection and antibiotics will have no effect. Use Canesten anti-fungal cream which contains Clotrimazole. Get a tube of Candid or Candid-b its about 4000 riel a tube. You can also supplement with a course of Tinidazole but that should not be necessary (usually used for female patients)

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I assumed oral thrush
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

OP, I don't know where you have it, but whichever antibiotics you are going to take (including cipro), it's only going to worsen the thrush.

If it's on the skin, use a cream like candid, like suggested above.
If it's in your mouth, use a special mouthwater for oral fungal infection.

Oral pobiotics will probably help a bit too, and if you've been taking a lot of antibiotics lately it's recommended. There's sachets, there's capsules, and there's yoghurt.

If you have thrush because of use of antibiotics the bacteria in your intestines are probably pretty messed up and probiotics will support the useful bacteria to grow, and push the bad ones and the fungus out a bit.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah
Nah
maybe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic