Moto cafe

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
darayd
Tourist
Australia

Re: Moto cafe

Post by darayd » Sat May 04, 2019 4:31 pm

I'd avoid Home Workshop, their bikes can look good though. I bought a fresh import bike from them and within a month it cut out as he had installed a CDI system from a completely different bike. When I questioned him on it he said in Cambodia he has to custom fit parts sometimes... Ignoring the fact he had two other same models at his shop and would know you can't just swap out such a sensitive part. Only seemed to care if you wanted a full custom bike.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Moto cafe

Post by A10 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Installing a different CDI isn't going to kill your bike unless the ignition map is completely off. And you can swap CDI components between bikes so long as they are relatively similar in cam timing and displacement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic