4 Gangsters Arrested for Attacking the Police Officers in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

4 Gangsters Arrested for Attacking the Police Officers in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On May 03, at 1:30 pm, 4 gangstas were arrested after attacking two police officers, in Tropeang Lvea village, Sangkat Katap1, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.

The suspects were identified as Phan Sreang, 25-year- old, Than Visro, 27-year-old, Chan Chao, 25-year-old, and Pho Hean, 21-year-old. They were sent to the police station for questioning and detained following the legal procedures.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 4 Gangsters Arrested for Attacking the Police Officers in Phnom Penh

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:01 pm Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On May 03, at 1:30 pm, 4 gangstas were arrested after attacking two police officers
They attacked 2 police officers....and not a single mark on any of the thugs?!?

That shows a lot of restraint by the police.

Back when I grew up, if you hit a cop...once at the station they'd take you out back and beat you with a rubber hose.....or so I was told.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The vital question that struck me was: 'what maketh a gangster'?

Does assaulting a cop give you automatic rights to that exclusive membership?

How does one progress through the ranks from being an ordinary joe>sleazebag>troublemaker>thug>gangster?? :stir:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Brody wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:01 pm Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On May 03, at 1:30 pm, 4 gangstas were arrested after attacking two police officers

Back when I grew up, if you hit a cop...once at the station they'd take you out back and beat you with a rubber hose.....or so I was told.
A rubber hose could be used as evidence as a weapon used in an assault, it also leaves a mark on the body.. I had a mate who ended up in a police cell quite often and he told me they just kicked you between the legs every time you stood up. He never ever showed the evidence of the assault to his lawyer or the doctor.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On May 03, at 1:30 pm, 4 gangstas were arrested after attacking two police officers, in Tropeang Lvea village, Sangkat Katap1, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.

The suspects were identified as Phan Sreang, 25-year- old, Than Visro, 27-year-old, Chan Chao, 25-year-old, and Pho Hean, 21-year-old. They were sent to the police station for questioning and detained following the legal procedures.

Congrats to the lucky couple! Hope they throw baby showers in prey Sar.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Can anyone identify the location, the event, or know what caused it?
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Brody wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 pm

I have personally witnessed several situations in Phnom Penh where police literally seem afraid to be aggressive, and maybe this is why. They don't want to get assaulted. Then I chuckle and think what it's like in 'murica.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

The police run out of memory on their smartphone? No mugshot of the 4th gangsta?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Tarndog wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 am I have personally witnessed several situations in Phnom Penh where police literally seem afraid to be aggressive
I don't know man, 10 years ago, I was driving home after buying a small rattan chair which was positioned between my legs on my moto.

At a green light I turned right and the keystone cops jumped out to try and stop me. I really couldn't fathom what I could have done wrong and suspected a shakedown, so I attempted to swerve around them, but the chair between my legs forced my turn shallower than it would have been...

leaving me vulnerably close to one cop who dutifully reached out and hit me twice across the back with his orange baton.

When I got home and looked at my back, it looked like a huge red welt X.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Brody wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Tarndog wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 am I have personally witnessed several situations in Phnom Penh where police literally seem afraid to be aggressive
I don't know man, 10 years ago, I was driving home after buying a small rattan chair which was positioned between my legs on my moto.

At a green light I turned right and the keystone cops jumped out to try and stop me. I really couldn't fathom what I could have done wrong and suspected a shakedown, so I attempted to swerve around them, but the chair between my legs forced my turn shallower than it would have been...

leaving me vulnerably close to one cop who dutifully reached out and hit me twice across the back with his orange baton.

When I got home and looked at my back, it looked like a huge red welt X.
Damn!! Almost' murica- like!!

Don't know if it's true, and I could care less as I ride a bicycle, but I heard that if traffic police reach out and grab the moto driver for some driving infraction and it causes the driver to drop his moto, accident like, the police could get in trouble.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic