Family Looking for Australian Expat MARTIN MCINTYRE Who Went Missing in Cambodia 3 Days Ago

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Family Looking for Australian Expat MARTIN MCINTYRE Who Went Missing in Cambodia 3 Days Ago

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

An Australian family is desperately looking for Martin McIntyre, who they say they haven't heard from since April 29. We'll send them this topic to watch in case anyone can can help. Here's the message they sent CEO:

'I am trying to contact my brother, Martin McIntyre, who was last seen on Monday 29th April in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

Martin left his luggage, and phone, with friends who were heading to Siem Reap. Martin said that he would fly up to Siem Reap to meet them the next day but never arrived. They returned to Phnom Penh on Thursday 2nd May, as planned.

As he does not have his phone or laptop we have not been able to contact him. He does not seem to have used an internet connection to check his emails.

He may just be in the country helping out a friend but we are very worried about him.

Martin has been doing volunteer work in Cambodia for many years and has a lot of friends and associates in the country.

If you have seen Martin since Monday please ask him to urgently contact his family in Australia.'

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Family Looking for Australian Expat MARTIN MCINTYRE Who Went Missing in Cambodia 3 Days Ago

Post by Cam Nivag »

Why would he give his phone and computer to other people who were going to Siem Reap? Why wouldn't he just take it with him when he traveled to Siem Reap a few days later?

How does his family in Australia know that he gave his phone and computer to other people he was supposed to meet in Siem Reap and then and he didn't go there and then they came back to Phnom Penh and couldn't find him?
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: Family Looking for Australian Expat MARTIN MCINTYRE Who Went Missing in Cambodia 3 Days Ago

Post by Captain »

Exactly right, Cam. Not to mention how would they know whether or not he used an internet connection to check his emails!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:30 pm How does his family in Australia know that he gave his phone and computer to other people he was supposed to meet in Siem Reap?

Maybe they contacted his family. The OP states that they are "friends", not "other people" as you put it.

You're such a twit, Cam. You're posing questions to CEOCambodiaNews, which is nothing but an intermediary in this saga and cannot answer them, presumably.

Somebody must be bored sitting in the business lounge of Angola International Airport.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Martin left his luggage, and phone, with friends
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:19 pm Martin left his luggage, and phone, with friends who were heading to Siem Reap.
No luggage, is he naked?
Perhaps has his hands full with a new friend

monstra mihi bona!
brendaq
Tourist
Australia

Post by brendaq »

We think he left his phone in the case by accident. He told his friends that he would join them the next day and that he was going to help a friend in the "province". I assume as he had a backpack he did not want to drag a suitcase with him.
The friends have sent photos of the case, phone and bag contents to us.

He may not be well as he had medication which he left in the suit case.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

unless we see a genuine police missing persons report its too risky outing someone
thru shit to more shit
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Brody wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:53 pm
You're such a twit, Cam. You're posing questions to CEOCambodiaNews, which is nothing but an intermediary in this saga and cannot answer them, presumably.
If his family messages CEO News then the family reads CEO and could respond.

These foreigners who have only been "missing" for a few days always turn up. We shouldn't even start threads like this until someone has been missing for at least a couple of weeks.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

I haven’t spoken to my family since January 21st...2012.

They’ve not once tried to contact me.

I’m still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

whatwat wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 am I haven’t spoken to my family since January 21st...2012.

They’ve not once tried to contact me.

I’m still waiting.
Did you check on them to see if the world had ended? The next apocalyptic prediction is that Jesus will return on 9th June, 2019. It's a Sunday and you've got all the time in the world to make that call.

Screw what happened. Call them while you still can...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic