Secret commissions

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 4592
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 2828
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by clutchcargo »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 am People are pretty much the same wherever they come from.
Your contention that American women are worse than Asian women is absurd.
The same as in: does a bear shit in the woods? :beer3:

You don't think cultural values and standards come into it? :mrgreen:

Image
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by explorer »

RickyBobby

There are some good girls. I have not met yours, but I hope you have a good one.

I think if we are honest, we need to admit there are many Cambodian girls who put on a fake act to scam foreigners.

Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

violet wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 am Quoted from RB
I know there are better and worse than my lady, but at a certain point, you choose to commit, and you pledge to them to honor them and that your word means something. You ask the same in return.

I like the truth of this. I have not been in such a situation.
Honor: its a word in a marriage vow that is often overlooked. It speaks to our behavior and how it can elevate our partner or also bring them down. I like how my lady makes me want to be a better person and to try, every day to make good choices. Love is more than a feeling, it is also an action word. Long after the feelings wane or are, at times are missing, the commitment love goes on and does its thing. Hopefully, your partner can reciprocate and carry on when you your-self are less attractive, sick or just plain making a mess of things. We carry each other in the downtime's. That is the ultimate relationship; perhaps just a fantasy, but the ideal, and the one that I will do my part of the bargain with.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 am To present a balanced picture:

There are some good girls in Cambodia. I think of a group of university students, all genuine girls, all hoping for true love. Not one of them is thinking of scamming their future boyfriend. A few of them are very beautiful. Some of them speak English well. Most of them would make good wives for a good foreign man, or a good Cambodian man.

However, you also need to meet the family. With many of them the family would be good too. With some of them, the family would see the boyfriend has money, and would put the girl under pressure to get money from the boyfriend.

They also have different levels of life experience or maturity. Some of them would like expensive phones, expensive clothes, and expensive motorbikes. If one of these girls was to become the girlfriend of a foreigner, they could discuss many things, like lets work together to save money.
I met mine when she was in her last year at uni. I met her family the same day I met her. At their house even.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 745
Marshall Islands

Re: Secret commissions

Post by IraHayes »

explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am RickyBobby

There are some good girls. I have not met yours, but I hope you have a good one.

I think if we are honest, we need to admit there are many Cambodian girls who put on a fake act to scam foreigners.

Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
Many Cambodian girls??
Are you sure about that? Or are you referring to a particular subset... ie bargirls??
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am RickyBobby

There are some good girls. I have not met yours, but I hope you have a good one.

I think if we are honest, we need to admit there are many Cambodian girls who put on a fake act to scam foreigners.

Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
There are a lot of [insert nationality here] girls that will put on an act to scam a man. Its easy to act charming and lure a man with your wares for a while. Its universal. Girls all know it well, in fact, I was warned more by my lady friends and family about being exploited by women (most girls I know do not trust other 'bitches' I wonder why) than any of my men friends.

Again, we all want something. We do not enter relationship just to serve. That's absurd. I'm sure you will figure it out Explorer if you really want to find a genuine good woman, they are out there, but it takes a lot of time to vet them, and you will never meet them if you are spending all your time in places with more 'experienced' and worldly women.

One more thing. I am certain you posted this almost exact same post earlier in the thread. That's a bit strange?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11906
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 3030
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Secret commissions

Post by phuketrichard »

IraHayes wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 am
explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am RickyBobby

There are some good girls. I have not met yours, but I hope you have a good one.

I think if we are honest, we need to admit there are many Cambodian girls who put on a fake act to scam foreigners.

Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
Many Cambodian girls??
Are you sure about that? Or are you referring to a particular subset... ie bargirls??
WTF :please:
i'd say 90% of Khmer girls never come in contact with any Barangs and the other 10% MAYBE .00001 % have any intention to scam anyone

You need get out and see the world, you have a very twisted sense of reality
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 4592
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 2828
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by clutchcargo »

There are probably quite a few shades of gray in between wanting a better life with a foreigner and scamming him..
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 745
Marshall Islands

Re: Secret commissions

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am
IraHayes wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 am
explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am RickyBobby

There are some good girls. I have not met yours, but I hope you have a good one.

I think if we are honest, we need to admit there are many Cambodian girls who put on a fake act to scam foreigners.

Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
Many Cambodian girls??
Are you sure about that? Or are you referring to a particular subset... ie bargirls??
WTF :please:
i'd say 90% of Khmer girls never come in contact with any Barangs and the other 10% MAYBE .00001 % have any intention to scam anyone

You need get out and see the world, you have a very twisted sense of reality
I was questioning explorers statement not stating my personal thoughts on the matter.
This is clear from my use of “are you sure about that”
And “or are you referring to a particular subset”

Or does my post come across as saying something else??

Edit to add: I was waiting for him to reply with bargirls and I was then going to counter with something similar to what you posted.... about there being only a small percentage of actual real bargirl scammers. But your statement about local girls coming into contact with westerners is true and a good counter to his original statement.
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by explorer »

IraHayes wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 am Many Cambodian girls??
Are you sure about that? Or are you referring to a particular subset... ie bargirls??
Lets not debate the percentage. But there are many.

Yes. Certain types of girls are much more likely to want to scam foreigners. But not all girls you would meet in a village would do the right thing either. Many would.

My aim is to present honest information so men thinking about getting a Cambodian girlfriend in the future, might take more time to get to know them, and avoid the pitfalls.

I also discussed the good ones. Lets hope they look for a good one.
explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am Lets be honest, so people getting Cambodian girlfriends in the future are warned.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post