Secret commissions

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Reputation: 145
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by Tarndog »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:34 am
Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:17 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:02 pm
Tarndog wrote:Or America
Depending on the state, it can be much worse.

Some states have a clause that the man has to support the woman in the manner she is accustomed to before the divorce.

Meaning the woman that isn’t working is legally entitled to the same amount of spousal support that she got during the marriage (aka, every dollar the man makes goes to her lifestyle).

For life. Or until remarriage or death.
Boy do I know it!!
Half of everything you own, half your pension, and half of your income like a commission. And if you don't have enough left over to live, while living in your moms basement (while she still lives in your lakefront estate that she bought you out of with the proceeds of you buying back your pension) then you work harder, and she gets a raise too.

Its a no brainer and a win win for any western girl to try a marriage. If it works she lives happily ever after and if not, she wins the lottery.
You must have had a look at my divorce settlement as issued by the district court judge, even after trial.

After my divorce, I used to joke that i would urge my sons to never get married, and urge my daughters to get married and divorced as many times af possible.

The employment demographics have changed, and despite having evidence, the fucking courts won't think of having a reasonable settlement.

Ain't ever going back.
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 am You must have had a look at my divorce settlement as issued by the district court judge, even after trial.

After my divorce, I used to joke that i would urge my sons to never get married, and urge my daughters to get married and divorced as many times as possible.

The employment demographics have changed, and despite having evidence, the fucking courts won't think of having a reasonable settlement.

Ain't ever going back.
And to add insult to injury, when my ex found a lawyer who found out who I was and what I did, he got inside her head and worked pro-bono, and by the time I was finished, I also paid her legal fees. I literally shook and weeped sometimes when I saw the letters; they work hard to break you down.

I fired two of my own lawyer's and then worked on my own behalf. Not recommending it, but the rest was also such a drain on resources. I never even went to court, not even once. I ended up paying her off just to get rid of her.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Tarndog
Expatriate
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Reputation: 145
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by Tarndog »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 am
Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 am You must have had a look at my divorce settlement as issued by the district court judge, even after trial.

After my divorce, I used to joke that i would urge my sons to never get married, and urge my daughters to get married and divorced as many times as possible.

The employment demographics have changed, and despite having evidence, the fucking courts won't think of having a reasonable settlement.

Ain't ever going back.
And to add insult to injury, when my ex found a lawyer who found out who I was and what I did, he got inside her head and worked pro-bono, and by the time I was finished, I also paid her legal fees. I literally shook and weeped sometimes when I saw the letters; they work hard to break you down.

I fired two of my own lawyer's and then worked on my own behalf. Not recommending it, but the rest was also such a drain on resources. I never even went to court, not even once. I ended up paying her off just to get rid of her.
Damn, RB! I had the EXACT same thing happen to me!! I don't know who you are, either, but I have always been a nobody.

The ex got some female attorney who somehow convinced the judge I should pay HER attorney fees, in addition to mine. Well you know what happens then. After opening the next bill from my attorney I had started to use and seeing all the ticky-tack bullshit charges for answering phone calls and reading of docs from the ex's attorney, I had no other choice than to release my attorney (though continuing to pay the last bill in a few monthly installments), and doing everything myself. Talk about stress!!

I remember at the time they said 95% of divorce cases get settled before trial, either through mediation or one giving up the fight. Not me. I went to trial, and during the trial had to ask the judge to admonish and warn my ex for lying to the court in sworn statements DURING TRIAL as well as affidavits presented as part of her package they submitted to the judge before trial. NOT ONCE did the judge warn her, DESPITE ME PRESENTING PROOF (not some friend's biased affidavit, either) OF THE FRAUD!! So much for judges upholding legal concepts!!

Did I mention I was the only male in the room? Judge, my ex and her attorney all female, and thus cunts.

If I ever step back into that country, it'll be too early, or to take part in the war against women, should it ever happen. I don't think it ever will, though. Guys there have just been bludgeoned too much by the feminist agenda to even notice how fucked up it's become.
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 342

Re: Secret commissions

Post by violet »

Suddenly feeling better about marriage never having been a part of my life experience.
^
^^
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 am
RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 am
Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 am You must have had a look at my divorce settlement as issued by the district court judge, even after trial.

After my divorce, I used to joke that i would urge my sons to never get married, and urge my daughters to get married and divorced as many times as possible.

The employment demographics have changed, and despite having evidence, the fucking courts won't think of having a reasonable settlement.

Ain't ever going back.
And to add insult to injury, when my ex found a lawyer who found out who I was and what I did, he got inside her head and worked pro-bono, and by the time I was finished, I also paid her legal fees. I literally shook and weeped sometimes when I saw the letters; they work hard to break you down.

I fired two of my own lawyer's and then worked on my own behalf. Not recommending it, but the rest was also such a drain on resources. I never even went to court, not even once. I ended up paying her off just to get rid of her.
Damn, RB! I had the EXACT same thing happen to me!! I don't know who you are, either, but I have always been a nobody.

The ex got some female attorney who somehow convinced the judge I should pay HER attorney fees, in addition to mine. Well you know what happens then. After opening the next bill from my attorney I had started to use and seeing all the ticky-tack bullshit charges for answering phone calls and reading of docs from the ex's attorney, I had no other choice than to release my attorney (though continuing to pay the last bill in a few monthly installments), and doing everything myself. Talk about stress!!

I remember at the time they said 95% of divorce cases get settled before trial, either through mediation or one giving up the fight. Not me. I went to trial, and during the trial had to ask the judge to admonish and warn my ex for lying to the court in sworn statements DURING TRIAL as well as affidavits presented as part of her package they submitted to the judge before trial. NOT ONCE did the judge warn her, DESPITE ME PRESENTING PROOF (not some friend's biased affidavit, either) OF THE FRAUD!! So much for judges upholding legal concepts!!

Did I mention I was the only male in the room? Judge, my ex and her attorney all female, and thus cunts.

If I ever step back into that country, it'll be too early, or to take part in the war against women, should it ever happen. I don't think it ever will, though. Guys there have just been bludgeoned too much by the feminist agenda to even notice how fucked up it's become.
God, dont you hate that when you take time to compose an eloquent response and some how FU and it doesn't post?

Let me try again, in short form.

The system is skewed against the men, you know, that privileged evil patriarchy?

I didn't know how to pay everything so I accessed cash in my corporate accounts. End result I ended up owning my shareholders account 6 figures because of untaxed income. When that happens, you need to earn, and pay tax, then take the net and pay the outstanding tax. I had to write a 200k cheque to clean up that mess, and I will never forget that feeling. All the income from my hand to hers was tax free. All mine was after taxes. I worked for the government and my ex wife.

At one point all three of mine chose to live with me, and I provided the family home while managing my business and everything else. In spite of that, I paid her $1800/mo because of a clause that read "Irrespective of material circumstances". Now one would think that a good person would not exploit a circumstance like that, isn't it obvious that if you hurt the father you hurt the children?
Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1 KJV
She now lives remarried in a lakefront estate and I live in a Garage. But, I have peace and contentment.
It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. Proverbs 25:24 KJV
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by explorer »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 am and how would the man know?
Until a couple of years ago, I used to go to Sihanoukville at the hot time of the year. There were a lot of girls there with foreign boyfriends who had gone back home to work. I have met some in Phnom Penh too.

Some girls had more than one foreign boyfriend, all madly in love with them, all sending them money, all believing it was true love.

The reason scams can be successful in Cambodia, is because family and friends go along with it. They all know she is scamming him, but they will only ever say things to support the scammer. They never tell the boyfriend the truth.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am
frank lee bent wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 am and how would the man know?
Until a couple of years ago, I used to go to Sihanoukville at the hot time of the year. There were a lot of girls there with foreign boyfriends who had gone back home to work. I have met some in Phnom Penh too.

Some girls had more than one foreign boyfriend, all madly in love with them, all sending them money, all believing it was true love.

The reason scams can be successful in Cambodia, is because family and friends go along with it. They all know she is scamming him, but they will only ever say things to support the scammer. They never tell the boyfriend the truth.
As I said, its the women you associate with.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Tarndog
Expatriate
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Reputation: 145
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by Tarndog »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:50 am God, dont you hate that when you take time to compose an eloquent response and some how FU and it doesn't post?

Let me try again, in short form.

The system is skewed against the men, you know, that privileged evil patriarchy?
Rigghhhhhhhtttt.....

RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:50 am I didn't know how to pay everything so I accessed cash in my corporate accounts. End result I ended up owning my shareholders account 6 figures because of untaxed income. When that happens, you need to earn, and pay tax, then take the net and pay the outstanding tax. I had to write a 200k cheque to clean up that mess, and I will never forget that feeling. All the income from my hand to hers was tax free. All mine was after taxes. I worked for the government and my ex wife.
Thank you for exposing this aspect which is anything but accidental. Divorce agreements always attempt to funnel as close to 100% of previously taxed income of the husband to the ex wife in a tax-free manner as it can. Child support my ass!! Throwing a box of doughnuts on the kitchen counter and claiming you get up early to make breakfast??
User avatar
RickyBobby
BANNED
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Reputation: 357
Cambodia

Re: Secret commissions

Post by RickyBobby »

Tarndog wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:17 am
RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:50 am God, dont you hate that when you take time to compose an eloquent response and some how FU and it doesn't post?

Let me try again, in short form.

The system is skewed against the men, you know, that privileged evil patriarchy?
Rigghhhhhhhtttt.....

RickyBobby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:50 am I didn't know how to pay everything so I accessed cash in my corporate accounts. End result I ended up owing my shareholders account 6 figures because of untaxed income. When that happens, you need to earn, and pay tax, then take the net and pay the outstanding tax. I had to write a 200k cheque to clean up that mess, and I will never forget that feeling. All the income from my hand to hers was tax free. All mine was after taxes. I worked for the government and my ex wife.
Thank you for exposing this aspect which is anything but accidental. Divorce agreements always attempt to funnel as close to 100% of previously taxed income of the husband to the ex wife in a tax-free manner as it can. Child support my ass!! Throwing a box of doughnuts on the kitchen counter and claiming you get up early to make breakfast??
What upset me about the child support is it was to be spent on the kids; she used it to pay off her house and bought the kids clothing at the thrift store. Meanwhile she also took away my ability to gift my kids and buy them things, so it always looked like it came from her.

That said, she was a good mother in many respects. She did create a good home, was vigilant, and did cook and care for them.

It was a long time ago, and now I don't talk bad about her. We are strangers and I wish her the best. We all change over time. Hopefully for the better.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11330
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2088
United States of America

Re: Secret commissions

Post by frank lee bent »

My girl is different
Noob 101
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angsta, BigDee, Bing [Bot], Deefer, Ingvar 7788, itsmebossho, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mr.November, Oumedc, Safari, simon43, Strawberryshake, truffledog and 380 guests