Disgruntled Cambodia Expat (nothing new)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Disgruntled Cambodia Expat (nothing new)

Post by Doc67 »

Just got home at 00:35 and there is no water. At all.

What a fucking shitty useless country I chose to spend a few well earned years in, doing fuck all.

Now I have to schedule my days around power cuts and no water.

Counsel for the defence may now rise...
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Pathetic Cambodia (nothing new)

Post by bobsboots »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am Just got home at 00:35 and there is no water. At all.

What a fucking shitty useless country I chose to spend a few well earned years in, doing fuck all.

With all due respect to the client of the Counsel of the Prosecutor, may I just humbly suggest that if the client feels this way after " choosing " this country, and, as it appears to be the case to the majority of this fair court known as CEO, that he, the client , feels that this, and I quote, is a 'shitty country ', that he expedite his departure to another foreign land as soon as is legally possible.
I rest my case, M'Lord.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I just take it as part of the experience.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am Just got home at 00:35 and there is no water. At all.

For the defence ... you still have internet connection so you can complain about having no water at 00:35. Look on the bright side. Also, it's late, so you can go to bed and it will probably be back tomorrow morning.

As a survivor from Sihanoukville, I feel your pain and advise keeping a large container of water in the bathroom for these occasions. Indispensable if you have the shits at an awkward moment.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I had fuck all water for months. I didn't complain because my place is so cheap I don't want to bother the owners at all. Then the land-lady noticed and got a pump installed. It's all good now. The more rain there is the cooler the place will get and it will all be fine soon, no need to throw hissy-fits.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
My son brought up this quote last night and argued effectively that it wasn't true. You might not be killed by TB or Cancer but it's very likely you will be left in a weaker state.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Quite a few sihanoukvillains have relocated to Vung Tau in Vietnam with evident satisfaction.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:57 am Quite a few sihanoukvillains have relocated to Vung Tau in Vietnam with evident satisfaction.
Sssssssssssssh.
You could be next.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

One place I was staying had water tanks for each floor, and pumps to pump the water up. They had automatic shut off when the tanks were full, but this broke on one tank and it overflowed. So they turned off the water. They didnt think to turn it on again when the water level dropped. I had a few words to say to them. Their slackness inconvenienced everyone in the building.

In another place there was no water at all on the upper floor in the evening when a lot of people were having their bath. If you were warned, you could plan around it, but they dont tell you.

The solution. Move to another place.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

My first thought is for the people who have no choice but to live in Cambodia. You have a choice if it doesn t meet your expectations, Philippines (yuck), Vietnam, Goa, Thailand all beckon. For most Khmer, the choices you have are non-existent.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

GOOOOOOD MORNING CAMBODIAAAAAAA....

I got up early to delete and/or modify my (correctly described) hissy-fit.... Ha! No Chance... it has been sliced and diced already.

I would have thought a 00:30 post might have escaped much notice and a 07:20 edit/deletion would of worked, but no, you guys are a 24 hour a day operation. I am not normally given to moaning and bitching, suffice to say the timing of my said hissy-fit is a big clue of my tired and emotional state.

Water is back on now. So too is all the air-conditioning in all rooms along with all my clothes from last night. TV too... It seems the lack of water upset me so much I lost consciousness and left it all running.

Anyway, the coffee is brewing, my eggs and toast are awaiting, I am recalling how much fun I had last night and it's a lovely warm sunny day....

What a great country....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic