50+ marriage ban repealed?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 50+ marriage ban repealed?

Post by Tarndog »

What is the procedure for verifying the salary requirement, a letter from the employer?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Let's keep this a secret......................................no need for everyone (females) to know .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Tarndog wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:49 pm What is the procedure for verifying the salary requirement, a letter from the employer?
Yes...that is all that is required, an official (looking) letter.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Tarndog wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:49 pm What is the procedure for verifying the salary requirement, a letter from the employer?
You could sell them.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

RickyBobby wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:36 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 pm
You could sell them.
Then you would be aiding and abetting a crime of causing a fellow man to be a subservient victim.
You could cause his name to be replaced by the common barang name of ATM and condemn him to be a provider extraordinaire for replacement bullocks and builder of fish farms.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I got married in Kampong Cham at my wife's family home..He Uncles were big in Pagoda...father had passed away.
it was a beautiful, simple ceremony that brought face to my wife..
I could care less about any other wedding...ritual.
I guess if I was young and wanted to take her back to USA it would be a different matter.
I think the monetary income is steep.
However, if you were trying to bring a bride back to USA you need to be able show you can support her.
Of course, the average Khmer would want the legal paperwork...she could then skip out on the dude after he got her over to his country..
I feel more married to my Khmer wife than my 2 previous legalized marriages from my younger days.
I was told by an expat from Australia that when he wanted milk he bought a liter...not the whole cow.
My wife is the best person I have ever known...
I am lucky to have met her...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Most Khmer women I know have no interest at all in leaving their families to live in the west I would imagine they would be very unhappy there
Pinay, different story.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Last January the requirement was still in place, so....
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Kammekor wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:53 am Last January the requirement was still in place, so....
:beer3: :bow: :plus1: :Yahoo!: :Bravo: :good:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

If you’re legally married to a local (opposite sex) then they are entitled to your pension when you (inevitably) croak. If you’re not then she gets fuck all.

Unless you’re savvy enough to have set her up with a house/land, education etc then she’s back to square one, probably with a kid in tow, older and less employable.

I’ve seen it many times. Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic