Today's "Music" sounds like industrial noise.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Today's "Music" sounds like industrial noise.

Post by RickyBobby »

Born in the 60's and in my youth some of the best talent and music composition was born. A musician actually played instruments and sang. They did not rant in monotone to repetitive electronically produced beats.

I'm too old I guess, I just don't get it the appeal. Young lad who rents a room in the house just brought a speaker into the bathroom and blasted in while taking a shower. My nerves are shattered, I would rather listen to a jackhammer.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Today's "Music" sounds like industrial noise.

Post by John Bingham »

There are a whole lot of contemporary artists who use traditional instruments. Some modern music is crap, and some is fantastic. It's always been that way. People look back with rose-tinted glasses on earlier times and forget that there was a whole lot of dross around in those days too, it's just that they forget those bits.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

John Bingham wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:28 am There are a whole lot of contemporary artists who use traditional instruments. Some modern music is crap, and some is fantastic. It's always been that way. People look back with rose-tinted glasses on earlier times and forget that there was a whole lot of dross around in those days too, it's just that they forget those bits.
True enough; I can only go by what these 18 yo kids prefer, and it boggles my comprehension as to how they get pleasure out of it. It makes me wonder equally whats wrong with them and me, because I cannot find a single bit of appreciation for it, and in the past, excepting for rap and whatever this music is, I thought I could appreciate most all music.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:28 am There are a whole lot of contemporary artists who use traditional instruments. Some modern music is crap, and some is fantastic. It's always been that way. People look back with rose-tinted glasses on earlier times and forget that there was a whole lot of dross around in those days too, it's just that they forget those bits.
there is actually a lot of truth behind this subject, and science

just to lightly touch the surface these are 2 main points...

1. music producers make music using similar patterns, because people buy 'familiar' music,

2. the vast majority of mainstream music lyrics are written by only a couple of song writers who write for a large number of artists,

theres a lot of articles/videos online about it...

watch this video, it proves exactly point number 1, its so fucking bad!!...

this also sums it up...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

My parents said the same thing when I listened to Hard Day's Night - "turn that noise down!". Now 50 years later they actually like the Beatles. Maybe 50 years from now we will like rap and that techno-electirc shit.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I will try to find an example of this 'music' that is so grating to me.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Even when it is a totally unrelated topic, Mr. Lambo cannot reply unless it has a picture and/or description of titties. I know, it is the way he rolls.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I already had a heart attack researching this.

Although not exactly the same, here's an example of music that is actually really difficult for me to even listen to. It is mayhem to me.

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Since I landed in SEA in 2014 I upended my life. I have not watched television since. I don't follow Hollywood or celebrity and have embraced minimalism as I began to learn what is important in life and how little i really need to be happy.

The thing about it is I have eliminated all the 'noise' in my brain as I disconnected. I think a lot of people are so engaged init all they don't truly know how peaceful it can be when you purge all that.

Jamie, that last video you posted is very informative.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 am I already had a heart attack researching this.

Although not exactly the same, here's an example of music that is actually really difficult for me to even listen to. It is mayhem to me.

Please move this post to the Darknet,,, I dont want to hear or see it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic