Today's "Music" sounds like industrial noise.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: Today's "Music" sounds like industrial noise.

Post by Captain »

bucknaked wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am
Me too, I was born in the 60s. I gave those four you listed and didn't find any of it worth listening to. Still searching for anything that doesn't sound like industrial noise.
which is maybe my point
when is the last time you heard some music that pleased you, the 70's, 80's?

my point was that some people seem to shut off from a certain point and dismiss anything modern, from their youth maybe

Heck no, there's music that pleases me from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. Undoubtedly there will be music from the 20s that I will like, particularly Abby the spoon lady who will certainly be playing spoons well into the 20s, despite her appearance as someone suffering from methamphetamines. That is a myth and a rumour and she is really quite healthy.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

every era has it's share of crap tunes and recordings.

Just because someone likes it, does not mean it's good.

Just because it's good, does not mean people will like it.

People tend to lean towards music and smells they heard during their formative years.. 12 to 17 ( read this on some behavioral psych journal years back ) Somehow it creates a chemical imprint that lasts for life. It may be crap music, but it can evoke heavy emotions when they hear the tunes back after donkey years.

Maybe you could buy him headphones... on the house.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Captain wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:09 pm
bucknaked wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am
Me too, I was born in the 60s. I gave those four you listed and didn't find any of it worth listening to. Still searching for anything that doesn't sound like industrial noise.
which is maybe my point
when is the last time you heard some music that pleased you, the 70's, 80's?

my point was that some people seem to shut off from a certain point and dismiss anything modern, from their youth maybe

Heck no, there's music that pleases me from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. Undoubtedly there will be music from the 20s that I will like, particularly Abby the spoon lady who will certainly be playing spoons well into the 20s, despite her appearance as someone suffering from methamphetamines. That is a myth and a rumour and she is really quite healthy.
What's your favourite millennial music, out of curiousity?
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

The Distillers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

@siliconlife
try this one buddy, watch the whole thing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Very good flugelhorn, guitar, synthi, and vocals.I likey. Not like industrial noise at all.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:44 am @siliconlife
try this one buddy, watch the whole thing
Nice, reminds me a bit of one of my favourite bands, Isis (unrelated to the terrorist organisation). Isis unfortunately don't play as good live as these guys as their music is a bit more static-washed/soundwall-ish.

Also I have a question for you: Babymetal. Y/N? ;-) ;-) ;-)
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Captain wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:47 am The Distillers.
Hmmm... interesting. Seems like pretty standard, pop-punk, Nirvana clone type stuff to me. They are the only band of the last 20 years you like?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Captain wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 am Very good flugelhorn, guitar, synthi, and vocals.I likey. Not like industrial noise at all.
Had a bit of a flashback when i read your comment and the "flugelhorn"
Back in my early 20's i dated a lass who played 1st cornet and flugelhorn for a local youth band. I still enjoy the sound of a good brass band played in the open air.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I love 60's
but each generation has some good ones, i like lyrics and a nice sound

2,000 was a good generation

Tears for fears;

Micky Wax

Simple plan

American Authors I love this video!!! watch this and u just want do a downhill mtn bike ride

Abel Makkonen Tesfaye born in 1990

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic