British Scammer MICHAEL NICHOLAS SCALLAN Steals Money & Passports From School Teachers in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Scammer MICHAEL NICHOLAS SCALLAN Steals Money & Passports From School Teachers in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A well-known British con artist (Michael Nicholas Scallan) from Sheffield, England, who seems to have quite a long history of scamming people and then skipping town is back in the spotlight after being accused of taking money and passports from teachers at 'his' school in Siem Reap. As of right now, some teachers have gone to the police for help and they are trying to locate Michael Scallan in hopes that they can get their money and passports back that he stole from them.

Michael Nicholas Scallan is from Sheffield in the UK and his date of birth is August 22, 1979, making him 39 years old.

ImageImage

Here's a post from social media along with some interesting comments.

Hey guys want to send out an alert on a brittish native named Michael scallan. He has robbed all of his teachers and fled from the town the school was in. If anyone knows where this man is please send a pm. The other teachers are going to the ministry in siem reap but he has all their passports and one of the families had an autistic child. This man has no morals. There's articles on him on google doing the same thing to other foreigners. He is travelling with a Khmer woman named vesna and a 8 year old child named Mai Mai. Please if anyone knows anything these are good people 5hat got scammed by a terrible person.

I can't believe he's still here that's mental. He's up there with Cambodias most legendary scammers to William jewsbury or lao American Steve.

I gather from your post the Teachers are Foreigners. If so this matter should be reported to their respective Embassies. Stealing Passports is a serious offence. He could intend to sell them on the black market.

They are now reporting him. They think he maybe in the Kampot area. I feel terrible hearing about the child involved.

He screwed over me and my fiance by not paying us our salary. He left his very first teacher he hired in Thailand during a visa run with no money to get back. And just screwed over 4 or 5 teachers out of their salary and housing. Including a couple with a 5 year old child. He didn't pay their rent and they are being evicted. He took all of his teachers passports and has disappeared.

That prick cheated me $10k a few years back...he was head chef at my restaurant, after 3 months he manage to cheat alot of money from me and many other people in toul kork area in Phnom Penh. He is a professional scammer. He is also on crack. It was about 7-8years ago.

Geeze that is so awful. He told us he used to smoke crack. Even though this was a few years ago I highly recommend getting in touch with our friend who is building a case against him. The more people we have with letter testimonies the better. Clearly he is well known for his scamming. Do happen to know his wife's information? That would be very helpful as well.

He is being reported to the ministry. If you or someone you know have been screwed over by him please PM Ian as his former teachers are building a case to take to the ministry.

You mean HIM??? We all hoped he endet up as catfish food after he screwed the daughter of a high ranking police in PP.... ...anyone sees him, let him know Alex is going to break his hands and feet, the club for it sits almost 6 years in a corner waiting for him and it is now really dry and hard...

He got no passport since 2013 so immigration would like to chat to him, me thinks. If the British embassy issued new papers after the stink we made back than they will have to look for new jobs....

Those look like older pictures. This is what he looked like when I knew him, in late 2017. He had been the English director at Learning International School, in PP.

I'm the kid's stepdad. We are in a truly desperate situation with little money and no passports. I don't care much about the money he scammed from me, I already made peace with the idea that I have worked for free for a month (let's imagine I was volunteering), but without our passports we are really screwed. We have a lead on where they are but they will ask us usd 155 for each passport. We really don't know what to do...

This guy has been scamming in Cambodia for at least 7 years.I first heard about him in 2013.Hard to believe he hasn’t suffered the consequences by now.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Scammer MICHAEL NICHOLAS SCALLAN Steals Money & Passports From School Teachers in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Here you go Cam N, another one for you to track down,

https://issuu.com/cronweb/docs/name38be44/13

Cam the bounty hunter.
DingDong
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Scammer MICHAEL NICHOLAS SCALLAN Steals Money & Passports From School Teachers in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by DingDong »

Here is a little more info on this scumball. He has a long standing abiliy in Cambodia to screw people
http://michael-scallan.blogspot.com/201 ... r.html?m=1
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Born to scam.....So many like him...A fetish for these guys.....Some are peds, some are rapists, and some are scammers...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

That's wild. Cambodia is a small town basically. It seems strange that stories of longterm scammers like this are not more widely known. Maybe he wants to leave the country with one of his stolen passports ? I hope they are reported stolen ?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Michael Nicholas Scallan (going by the name Michael Robert Spence now) strikes again. This scumbag has now been accused of stealing the rental deposits from 2 fellow expats. From social media:

"Renters beware!

This guy Mike was the property manager of the apartment I was planning to move into. He ran off with my $350 deposit and from what I’ve heard, about $1300 from another guy. Apartment won’t do anything. At this point I’ve come to terms about my money loss but want to get his face out there in case he tries this again. The realtor said they traced his cellphone via Smart and his location is possibly one of the islands

Edit:

Y’all it’s been a MISSION trying to get this reported. The embassy wouldn’t even see me, but I spoke to a nice employee on the phone who said they had no jurisdiction and that I should go to the tourist police.

Tourist police sent me to immigration. Immigration said I need to go to my district police, then back to the embassy and finally back to immigration (lol good thing immigration is 45 minutes away from the US Embassy). I still plan to report him but it might need to wait until I’m back from a holiday in early Jan. If anyone who has been scammed by this Dick manages to get a report filed let me know how it went lol"

ImageImageImageImage

Some other pictures of him over the years:

ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:06 pm Michael Nicholas Scallan (going by the name Michael Robert Spence now) strikes again. This scumbag has now been accused of stealing the rental deposits from 2 fellow expats. From social media:

"Renters beware!

This guy Mike was the property manager of the apartment I was planning to move into. He ran off with my $350 deposit and from what I’ve heard, about $1300 from another guy. Apartment won’t do anything. At this point I’ve come to terms about my money loss but want to get his face out there in case he tries this again. The realtor said they traced his cellphone via Smart and his location is possibly one of the islands

Edit:

Y’all it’s been a MISSION trying to get this reported. The embassy wouldn’t even see me, but I spoke to a nice employee on the phone who said they had no jurisdiction and that I should go to the tourist police.

Tourist police sent me to immigration. Immigration said I need to go to my district police, then back to the embassy and finally back to immigration (lol good thing immigration is 45 minutes away from the US Embassy). I still plan to report him but it might need to wait until I’m back from a holiday in early Jan. If anyone who has been scammed by this Dick manages to get a report filed let me know how it went lol"

ImageImageImageImage

Some other pictures of him over the years:

ImageImageImage
I am also mentioned in that post, he stole from my gf and lived upstairs from me. He ripped of loads of khmer women who where workers in his cleaning company.
I also provided the pictures of the ladies passport and his fake 1 that my landlord gave me.
La Quenta
Expatriate
Swaziland

Post by La Quenta »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:28 pm That's wild. Cambodia is a small town basically. It seems strange that stories of longterm scammers like this are not more widely known. Maybe he wants to leave the country with one of his stolen passports ? I hope they are reported stolen ?
A lot of victims are probably ashamed of being screwed, too ashamed to come forward publically. They prob just go to the police.

No doubt heaps of Cambodian expats who arent even participants on this forum, or who choose to lurk instead or write.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Is this fat fuck still active? I hope he eventually scams the wrong person, I'd like to see a report of him floating down a river with a stab wound or something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic