Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): Belgian Peter Carlo Bogaerts Dies in St 172 Room

April 30, 2019
Phnom Penh: A 45 year old Belgian man, and long time Phnom Penh expat, was reportedly found dead in his room on Monday April 29, 2019, at 12.50 pm, White River, Street 172. He is believed to have died of a voluntary drug overdose.
His body has been taken to the morgue at Khmer-Soviet Friendship hospital. RIP
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out in 172 Room RIP

Post by rozzieoz »

He was posting really sad things on FB :( so tragic, RIP
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

So sad.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Such a caring sensitive soul with a chaotic mind. I'm so sorry he suffered so often and so deeply in life.

Pete....
I'm so sorry you felt alone and so desperate.
Xxxxxx

Condolences to friends and family.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

china white claims another one, He went out on his own terms.
Hopefully in a far better place than he was...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Real sad to read this. Boogs posted on both forums over the years and was behind the much missed Koon Khmer site, as well as being a regular contributor to the various expat groups. I hope his pictures if they exist don't end up on the darknet. He came across as a genuine nice man and if he chose his path out, as my brother did. Then he is a brave bold man in my eyes.

RIP Mr Pete, the expat community will be poorer for you

I just gotta say though Rozz, I don't know your motivation or what part of your brain is back firing today but sticking up his facebook posts (which you can only see as a friend I guess as I can't see them which indicates you were a friend of his) is really, really low in my book. I hope if you or your love ones pass they will be treated with a bit more respect from their friends instead of posting private posts over the internet.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

He did post a public post/thread a while ago, clearly in deep despair, I think on the PP Expats group? Very sad that he could not find a way out of his darkness. He contributed a lot online so that won't be forgotten. RIP.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:12 pm Real sad to read this. Boogs posted on both forums over the years and was behind the much missed Koon Khmer site, as well as being a regular contributor to the various expat groups. I hope his pictures if they exist don't end up on the darknet. He came across as a genuine nice man and if he chose his path out, as my brother did. Then he is a brave bold man in my eyes.

I just gotta say though Rozz, I don't know your motivation or what part of your brain is back firing today but sticking up his facebook posts (which you can only see as a friend I guess as I can't see them which indicates you were a friend of his) is really, really low in my book. I hope if you or your love ones pass they will be treated with a bit more respect from their friends instead of posting private posts over the internet.

I think the person with the back firing brain is the person glorifying overdosing at White River as "brave" and "bold."
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:03 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:12 pm Real sad to read this. Boogs posted on both forums over the years and was behind the much missed Koon Khmer site, as well as being a regular contributor to the various expat groups. I hope his pictures if they exist don't end up on the darknet. He came across as a genuine nice man and if he chose his path out, as my brother did. Then he is a brave bold man in my eyes.

I think the person with the back firing brain is the person glorifying overdosing at White River as "brave" and "bold."
who is glorifying? I am suggesting if he did indeed seek to end his life then it is nothing to feel shame over. I appreciate, from what I gather from your posts that you have little compassion or understanding of anything of an emotional nature a truly high functioning savant/Asperger diagnosis of a man, although your stance on racism and sexism has to be applauded. I wouldn't expect you to understand how people may wrestle with demons and then choose to end it. I am only speculating off what people have said. However, in your own true words sir, posting peoples private facebook posts on the day of their passing is a "dick move"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

EDITED: What I meant to say was only 'condolences to his friends and family.'
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic