Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The Whisperer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:04 pm Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): Belgian Peter Carlo Bogaerts Dies in St 172 Room

April 30, 2019
Phnom Penh: A 45 year old Belgian man, and long time Phnom Penh expat, was reportedly found dead in his room on Monday April 29, 2019, at 12.50 pm, White River, Street 172. He is believed to have died of a voluntary drug overdose.
His body has been taken to the morgue at Khmer-Soviet Friendship hospital. RIP
Please respect all those who depart this earth and always remember nobody is perfect. The following is an up to date list of all the expats who have passed away in Cambodia this year.
Who's next, I hope its not me, it could be you!
Mate, I think you need to delete the rest. The links are not allowed.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Peter Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

GMJS-CEO wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm Image

So sad.
Went to his page and didn’t see this so I guess he set it for private viewing to only his Facebook friends, not available to public.

Did he post anything else in distress?

I’m really sorry I upset some people, believe it or not that’s never my intention.

I thought this might explain his state of mind.
He’d been posting a lot of very depressed, sad stuff lately. Then he obviously deleted it all and posted that post.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out in 172 Room RIP

Post by Felgerkarb »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:29 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm Image

So sad.
Went to his page and didn’t see this so I guess he set it for private viewing to only his Facebook friends, not available to public.

Did he post anything else in distress?
All deleted at some point before he passed.

RIP, Pete.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:01 pm
I’m really sorry I upset some people, believe it or not that’s never my intention.

I thought this might explain his state of mind.
He’d been posting a lot of very depressed, sad stuff lately. Then he obviously deleted it all and posted that post.
It’s just really sad if he was posting all depressed, that’s a cry for help and I wonder if anyone reached out to him. He made reference to losing someone recently so seems something been wearing on him.

RIP Boomer
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

i thought he meant that posting the sad shit is causing him to lose people he cares about
thru shit to more shit
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

many friends and acquaintances reached out to him repeatedly over the past two days begging him not to do it. it seemed he had reconsidered, but i guess not. I only knew him slightly but it is still a blow to see this happen.
the cause was some kind of beef with his GF according to his posts
RIP
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Pete Boogs aka Boomer aka Pete Carlo Bogaerts Checks Out on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Cam Nivag »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:12 pm
who is glorifying? I am suggesting if he did indeed seek to end his life then it is nothing to feel shame over.
That's not what you said at all. You said this:

"if he chose his path out, as my brother did. Then he is a brave bold man in my eyes."

When you say that if someone committed suicide, that makes them brave and bold, it glorifies and romanticizes suicide and encourages other disturbed people to commit suicide. Knock it off.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

King Keil wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Maybe Peter lacked some people that he could count on in real life, but as I only knew him online that is just a guess.
Or maybe he had plenty of people he could count on but he killed himself anyway without regard for how his death might affect those people.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

RIP Boomer. I met you only the once. 😥
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:17 pm
King Keil wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 pm
Maybe Peter lacked some people that he could count on in real life, but as I only knew him online that is just a guess.
Or maybe he had plenty of people he could count on but he killed himself anyway without regard for how his death might affect those people.
How did I know Cam Nivag would unearth himself to make an appearance in a death thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic