Favorite sitcom of your generation?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Favorite sitcom of your generation?

Post by Tarndog »

Just found myself delighting in watching YouTube videos of some of my favorite sitcoms. Laughter is something that I need more of, that's for sure.

Thought it'd be interesting to hear which sitcoms you enjoyed most. Most recently went back as far as Our Gang/Little Rascals.

So, I'll start. Married with Children, The Office (US), Big Bang Theory are some of my faves, what are yours????
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Favorite sitcom of your generation?

Post by Brody »

Tarndog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am Married with Children

This was the best. I loved Married with Children.

Kelly Bundy got me through puberty. I literally can't count how many feverish masturbation sessions were committed to the thought of her when I was 13.

Thanks Christina Applegate. :thumb:

Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Brody wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 am
Tarndog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am Married with Children

This was the best. I loved Married with Children.

Kelly Bundy got me through puberty. I literally can't count how many feverish masturbation sessions were committed to the thought of her when I was 13.

Thanks Christina Applegate. :thumb:

How can anyone disagree? Marcy wasn't too bad, either!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Here's some of my fav's:

I was down for just about all that 80's shit as a kid.

Cheers.

Family Ties:

Roseanne:
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Truth be told, I scrapped the telly when I was 18 and never had the urge to get another one. Don't know a thing about sitcoms but can't say I regret that decision at all.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:01 am Truth be told, I scrapped the telly when I was 18 and never had the urge to get another one. Don't know a thing about sitcoms but can't say I regret that decision at all.

I watch very little TV but yes, "Married with Children" was a staple. Though maybe for different reasons than Brody :wink:
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

When I first read the topic I had a difficult time thinking of anything I really liked but when I saw Married with Children I thought yah! that was pretty funny. Probably too politically incorrect to air these days, at least on "network" TV. Those bouncing tits purely for the likes of Brody (hey, I like em too) wouldn't fly these days, no pun intended.

Johnny
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Mash
the avengers
Bonanza
the Beverly hillbillies
The honeymooners
The twilight zone

so dam many
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Following Chief Brody's lead here, I guess it would be Baywatch on that evidence?! That was a sitcom right? #DontHassleTheHoff! :hattip:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic