Downstairs at Oscar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Downstairs at Oscar

Post by newkidontheblock »

Cam Nivag wrote:Does KNOTB's wife enjoy visiting places where Khmers presume her to be a hooker? It sounds like he knew exactly what Oscar's was about but took her there anyway. I don't get it.
I was too trusting of the advice of other members on CEO.

I guess I need to turn into a hardened, bitter, expat with a sour attitude on life. Be always assuming the worst of people all the time.

My mistake.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 am
I was too trusting of the advice of other members on CEO.

I guess I need to turn into a hardened, bitter, expat with a sour attitude on life. Be always assuming the worst of people all the time.

My mistake.
Pay no attention to Cam, he is having a bit of fun at your expense. Many guys (barang and Khmer) take their GFs and wives to Oscar's, and many single women go there (for the music before you ask). It is a genuine live music bar (after 10pm). It does have hostesses. So what if one of them struck up a conversation with your wife that maybe got misinterpreted. It sounds to me like both of you were a bit stressed out.
If it makes you feel better about the place, two of the main musicians performing there are police officers.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The awesome keyboard player plays in church every Sunday too. He hasn’t been struck by lightning yet so it can’t be that bad. ;)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I don't understand why you would get so upset about something written on this or any other forum.
I don't think (might be wrong) that most people are being judgemental of you just that they are taking the piss.

You can always log off, "foe" them, laugh or get your tits in a twist and prolong the postings by responding .

As the girls always say "Up to you"
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’m heading to Oscars on the Corner (and Downstairs at Oscars) if anyone would like to pop in for a drink.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:16 pm I wish him the best of luck.
Oh, don't mistake that as a critique, I wish him well too. It was more of a cheeky back-hand aimed at Rozz for spamming about it.

But in turn, I will also expect free publicity from CEO for a new business venture I expect to have up and running soon! Because I will also have "passion and style" and paying for advertising will also not be a part of my "business model". :thumb:
CEO has always been very relaxed about advertising. :3some: But we all get to make smart comments. :voilent1: Lol. Post away. :head shot:
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

:-o sounds awesome. Love that club
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

christian.dc wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:13 pm :-o sounds awesome. Love that club
Another one?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 pm That and the local mamasan giving missus tips on picking up customers when she was in bathroom.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:44 am Actually, she and her family are quite shocked I brought her there. It is definitely not lady friendly.
It's weird because I've taken Mrs Logos to Oscars on several occasions, the last time about a week ago. She's not unattractive yet nobody ever mistook her for a hooker. There are usually several other patrons with their wives/regular gf. They never seem to have any issues either.

Maybe NKOTB should tell his wife not to dress like a hooker, or maybe he just looks like a John all the time.

Unless of course, perish the thought, he's himself an attention whore who loves clamouring on each single post he makes that everybody is in such awe of his oh so wonderful wife, even bystanders can't help making passes at her. After all, who else ever flashed his half inched cock on CEO?

Btw Roz' and Ric's place downstairs rocks, laudjohn and I had a great time there a few days ago.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's hilarious and bang on. It seems like these forums are gradually being dumbed down just to appease a very small minority of extremely naive and fussy doofuses.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic