9 Chinese Arrested for Deportation After Phnom Penh Brawl

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

9 Chinese Arrested for Deportation After Phnom Penh Brawl

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On April 19, 2019, at 4:00 pm, 9 Chinese men were detained by Cambodian police after an all out brawl between Chinese nationals at Online building, on street 169, Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan Prampi Makara, Phnom Penh.

After receiving the information that there was a rumble going on, Viseth Tith, Deputy Commissioner of Phnom Penh Municipal Police and Director of the Phnom Penh Immigration Police, led the police force to the scene where 9 Chinese men were detained for questioning. The suspects had no passports, and they confessed that they had been fighting. All the suspects were sent to the Immigration Department to have their cases processed awaiting deportation.

The suspects were identified as RAO HONG YUAN, 33-year-old, ZHU XIAO JIAN, 32-year-old, LI CONG MIN, 20-year-old, ZENG JING HUA, 20-year-old, LU DE XIN, 21-year-old, ZHU YI ZHAO, 26-year-old, LAN BIN, 22-year-old, LAN XIN ZHEN, 20 year old, and LAN JIA, 21 year old.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 9 Chinese Arrested for Deportation After Phnom Penh Brawl

Post by John Bingham »

A big thank you to the authorities for getting rid of these punchy fuckers. Whiteys might not always have the most sterling reputations here but I can't remember too many gangs of them running amok around Cambodia, it's usually just lone rogues.
Last edited by John Bingham on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Where's the blood? Isn't that how a brawl finishes up? :fighting: :fighting:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Look at the wing tips on this Lieutenant Teth Viseth.

I can't say much for the average Khmer Nouveau Riche bong thom types, but their sense of clothing style is impeccable....and luxuriously expensive. That's probably a $500 pair of Gucci skinny jeans and those wing tips...camel skin all the way.

Enjoy the finer things they do.

Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

This report contains the real story....if they have no passports, how did they get here?
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Felgerkarb wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 pm This report contains the real story....if they have no passports, how did they get here?
One of two things? Either it meant they didn’t have their passports with them, or...

I read something a while back, albeit not corroborated, that “lower class”, “poor” and “ex-con” Chinese nationals were being flooded in through Snooky airport to work on construction, without the necessary papers. I have no idea if this is true, but I recall reading about it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yerg wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 pm This report contains the real story....if they have no passports, how did they get here?
One of two things? Either it meant they didn’t have their passports with them, or...

I read something a while back, albeit not corroborated, that “lower class”, “poor” and “ex-con” Chinese nationals were being flooded in through Snooky airport to work on construction, without the necessary papers. I have no idea if this is true, but I recall reading about it.
Those are just rumors. The most stringent and impeccable standards are being used to vet these civilians before they come here. They say we aren't sending our best either, what to do? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Question still stands...although most of my questions on CEO are usually...rhetorical...
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

My theories

Someone in the know was involved in the palm greasing to have them enter through official borders, someone in the know had their palms greased to share ways in over the Thai or other border, boat.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Felgerkarb wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:43 am Question still stands...although most of my questions on CEO are usually...rhetorical...
But Felg, it could just be a matter of translated semantics.

I was going to dig up examples but can't be arsed right now. If you look though, there have been multiple examples of Westerners picked up for whatever and it is also mentioned that they don't have passports. I don't think that ALL these Westerners just happened to lose their passports.

At the time I posted about whether or not Cambodian authorities know that 99% of expats don't walk around with their passports shoved into the front pocket of their chinos.

It might be a matter of getting picked up by the police for xyz and they shout at you, "Give me your passport!" You say it's not on me. But by the time it's been sorted out, that it's actually in your apartment or whatever and arrangements are made to have it picked up.
It's already been reported that you were apprehended for whatever, with no passport.

I, for one, keep a scan in my wallet, but some Khmer immigration thug would probably scoff at that, anyway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic