At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Post by phuketrichard »

this is just fucked,
we as parents were supposed to give our children a safer/better world
but seems we have done the opposite.

shame
COLOMBO (Reuters) - At least 156 people were killed and more than 400 injured after three Sri Lankan churches and three hotels were hit by a string of explosions on Easter Sunday (April 21), police and hospital sources said.
Police officials added that at least 35 foreigners were among the dead. A hospital source said Americans, British and Dutch citizens were among those killed in the six blasts.

More than 50 people were killed in St. Sebastian's gothic-style Catholic church in Katuwapitiya, north of Colombo, a police official told Reuters, with pictures showing bodies on the ground, blood on the pews and a destroyed roof.

Media reported 25 people were also killed in an attack on an evangelical church in Batticaloa in Eastern Province.

The three hotels hit were the Shangri-La Colombo, Kingsbury Hotel in Colombo and the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. It was unclear whether there were any casualties in the hotels.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/109631 ... -R_eIyo1ow

and this in
Suicide bombers were used, radical Islamists suspected
The close circuit television camera (CCTV) footage revealed that the suspects detonated the bombs in the cafeteria and on the corridor at the hotel.
Investigators suspect that C-4 explosives weighing 25 kilograms were used for the bombings at the Shangria- La Hotel.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_news ... 108-165660
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:24 pm Image

charlie

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

charlie
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is Islam a peaceful religion.

Post by The Whisperer »

Sri Lanka attack: 8 explosions at churches and hotels kill 189 in Easter Sunday massacre.

All domestic flights had been suspended until further notice.

At one church, St Sebastian's in Katuwapitiya, more than 50 people were killed, according to officials.

Horrifying images show bloodied pews, a destroyed roof and bodies scattered on the ground.

Media reports 25 people were killed in the attack on the church in Batticaloa, and the carnage goes on.

A drop in the Ocean, I don't think so. Think about France, UK, Germany, Belgium and so on.
Back in the UK we have these animals from hell claiming Legal Aid to fight their right to return.

What a disastrous situation.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Is Islam a peaceful religion.

a fair and unbiased debate, watch it then come back and tell us what you think.

Charlie
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I can only speak from my own experience, having spent the vast majority of the last 12 years in the Middle East (including the hotbed that is Saudi). In almost all instances of violence "in the name of Islam", to a man, my Muslim co-workers, colleagues and associates express remorse and apologize for the acts, stating that these are not in their name, and that Islam is a religion of peace.

Further, the twisted minds of a small percentage of the Muslim faith, use the teachings of the Q'uran in a way that suits them. Putting spins on centuries-old text to suit their demonic behaviors and intentions. (If you read the Bible enough, certain writings could also be twisted to suit your own Christian violent needs if you wanted them to.)

I have never had nor heard a cross-word aimed towards me or other non-believers here. We are welcomed with open arms to support the growth of their economies and their learning from our experience, and help them move forwards and modernize.

The jihadi-bride with legal-aid is an absolute disgrace. Albeit that the legal aid was not granted to her, as she never made the application. It was granted to her family. At great cost to the taxpayer, likely we will see her returned to the UK, for fear of breaching the all-encompassing Human Rights. (Let's not get started on this one!!!) This, among others, is why I prefer life as an expat. I am safer here, surrounded by Muslims, than I would be walking the streets of London nowadays.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Post by phkachhouk »

Shia. No. Suni. Yes.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Yerg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:32 pm I can only speak from my own experience, having spent the vast majority of the last 12 years in the Middle East (including the hotbed that is Saudi). In almost all instances of violence "in the name of Islam", to a man, my Muslim co-workers, colleagues and associates express remorse and apologize for the acts, stating that these are not in their name, and that Islam is a religion of peace.

Further, the twisted minds of a small percentage of the Muslim faith, use the teachings of the Q'uran in a way that suits them. Putting spins on centuries-old text to suit their demonic behaviors and intentions. (If you read the Bible enough, certain writings could also be twisted to suit your own Christian violent needs if you wanted them to.)

I have never had nor heard a cross-word aimed towards me or other non-believers here. We are welcomed with open arms to support the growth of their economies and their learning from our experience, and help them move forwards and modernize.

The jihadi-bride with legal-aid is an absolute disgrace. Albeit that the legal aid was not granted to her, as she never made the application. It was granted to her family. At great cost to the taxpayer, likely we will see her returned to the UK, for fear of breaching the all-encompassing Human Rights. (Let's not get started on this one!!!) This, among others, is why I prefer life as an expat. I am safer here, surrounded by Muslims, than I would be walking the streets of London nowadays.
I am not saying that ALL Muslims are violent but
Saudi Arabia if you are gay, violence, if you are a women and want to drive a car, violence, if you are a women and want to go out without a chaperone violence, if you want to leave islam and join another faith violence.
Pakistan, a women is found innocent of blasphemy, violence, a man is hung for murdering somebody who defended that women, violence and in many other islamic countries to stray from what the governments say, violence.
if you can be bothered to watch that debate then please do

Charlie
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 pm if you want to leave islam and join another faith violence.
Charlie
Sorry Charlie you are not right.

In Suadi Arabi if you want to leave Islam and join another religion, the punishment is death. Also public worship by adherents of religions other than Islam is forbidden. Any non-Muslim attempting to acquire Saudi Arabian nationality must convert to Islam.

As you can see, Saudi embraces other beliefs and cultures/religions and is extremely tolerant, just like Brunei.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

TOG wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 pm if you want to leave islam and join another faith violence.
Charlie
Sorry Charlie you are not right.

In Suadi Arabi if you want to leave Islam and join another religion, the punishment is death. Also public worship by adherents of religions other than Islam is forbidden. Any non-Muslim attempting to acquire Saudi Arabian nationality must convert to Islam.

As you can see, Saudi embraces other beliefs and cultures/religions and is extremely tolerant, just like Brunei.
like Yorkshiremen or tykes as they are affectionately called by their own countrymen?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic