At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Post by Yerg »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:15 pm What other cultures do those things. In the UEA you have to be married to have sex.

Charlie
And in the Catholic Church, in 2019 it’s still considered a sin. Do people get stoned for it? No. Is it the law of their land? Yes it is. Deal with it. If you don’t like it. Don’t screw somebody there out of wedlock. It really is that simple. Is it Draconian? Yes. Is it law? Yes. So either take the risk or deal with the consequences if caught. No big drama.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: At least 156 dead, hundreds injured in multiple blasts at churches, hotels on Easter Sunday

Post by Yerg »

I have one final thing to say. Jeez man, learn. Read more than right-wing bullshit. If you want to get in to it, let’s open a new thread on whether Islam wants to take over the world or whether the media you read has an agenda. I’ll own you, and I’ll invite a number of “terrorists” to join the conversation to help. They’ll embrace you and show you nothing but love towards another human. They’ll also feel great pity for you. But they’ll say not a word. 🙏🏼
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Real terrorists don’t feel pity or remorse for their actions. They would be more than happy to kill or otherwise silence those who would have differing ideas. I highly doubt that they would want to join a forum and engage in meaningful discussion.
Personal Jesus
Tourist
Australia

Post by Personal Jesus »

Terrible for sure but the week of the New Zealand shooting, over 100 were massacred around the world in similar attacks and no one said anything.

Obama drone striked 1000s of people during his term and no one said anything.

Actions have consequences.

Personally I dont feel any less safe anywhere I go.

Mostly its propaganda spread by the mainstream media to create more divide and conquer.

Best to treat people as people and stop the fear.
Personal Jesus
Tourist
Australia

Post by Personal Jesus »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:18 am Real terrorists don’t feel pity or remorse for their actions. They would be more than happy to kill or otherwise silence those who would have differing ideas. I highly doubt that they would want to join a forum and engage in meaningful discussion.
One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

80% of police polled in the USA said they would have zero issues killing fellow US citizens.

80% of the military polled in the USA said that they would not kill their fellow citizens.

The war on drugs created more drug use.

The war on terror has created more terror.

Do you really think you can fight your way to peace?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Personal Jesus wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:25 am
Best to treat people as people and stop the fear.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Fab to wake up and see there are still so many people busying away diligently, laying the groundwork to ensure history will never stop repeating itself.

And don't forget when you step out for breakfast to snarl spit and sneer at every third person you come across. Maybe start straight off with the tuk tuk driver on the corner...

' Morning everybody, ' beautiful day.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Is Islam a peaceful religion.

Post by The Whisperer »

Yerg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:32 pm I can only speak from my own experience, having spent the vast majority of the last 12 years in the Middle East (including the hotbed that is Saudi). In almost all instances of violence "in the name of Islam", to a man, my Muslim co-workers, colleagues and associates express remorse and apologize for the acts, stating that these are not in their name, and that Islam is a religion of peace.

Further, the twisted minds of a small percentage of the Muslim faith, use the teachings of the Q'uran in a way that suits them. Putting spins on centuries-old text to suit their demonic behaviors and intentions. (If you read the Bible enough, certain writings could also be twisted to suit your own Christian violent needs if you wanted them to.)

I have never had nor heard a cross-word aimed towards me or other non-believers here. We are welcomed with open arms to support the growth of their economies and their learning from our experience, and help them move forwards and modernize.

The jihadi-bride with legal-aid is an absolute disgrace. Albeit that the legal aid was not granted to her, as she never made the application. It was granted to her family. At great cost to the taxpayer, likely we will see her returned to the UK, for fear of breaching the all-encompassing Human Rights. (Let's not get started on this one!!!) This, among others, is why I prefer life as an expat. I am safer here, surrounded by Muslims, than I would be walking the streets of London nowadays.
I understand where your coming from, but don't entirely agree. Your Islamic colleagues are as guilty as sin. At the end of the day they are as guilty as the animals who slaughter the 'innocents.' They are like sheep led by a pack of wolves. They will not stand up for what is right. They always plead their innocence and denounce who they think are the guilty. They should look in a mirror.
I too have worked amongst them and I found them to be the most hypercritical people on the planet. I could go on, but I won't.

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Is Islam a peaceful religion.

Post by Yerg »

The Whisperer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 pm
Yerg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:32 pm I can only speak from my own experience, having spent the vast majority of the last 12 years in the Middle East (including the hotbed that is Saudi). In almost all instances of violence "in the name of Islam", to a man, my Muslim co-workers, colleagues and associates express remorse and apologize for the acts, stating that these are not in their name, and that Islam is a religion of peace.

Further, the twisted minds of a small percentage of the Muslim faith, use the teachings of the Q'uran in a way that suits them. Putting spins on centuries-old text to suit their demonic behaviors and intentions. (If you read the Bible enough, certain writings could also be twisted to suit your own Christian violent needs if you wanted them to.)

I have never had nor heard a cross-word aimed towards me or other non-believers here. We are welcomed with open arms to support the growth of their economies and their learning from our experience, and help them move forwards and modernize.

The jihadi-bride with legal-aid is an absolute disgrace. Albeit that the legal aid was not granted to her, as she never made the application. It was granted to her family. At great cost to the taxpayer, likely we will see her returned to the UK, for fear of breaching the all-encompassing Human Rights. (Let's not get started on this one!!!) This, among others, is why I prefer life as an expat. I am safer here, surrounded by Muslims, than I would be walking the streets of London nowadays.
I understand where your coming from, but don't entirely agree. Your Islamic colleagues are as guilty as sin. At the end of the day they are as guilty as the animals who slaughter the 'innocents.' They are like sheep led by a pack of wolves. They will not stand up for what is right. They always plead their innocence and denounce who they think are the guilty. They should look in a mirror.
I too have worked amongst them and I found them to be the most hypercritical people on the planet. I could go on, but I won't.

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
Yes, they are hypercritical, of the people who murder in their name!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic