Two 'Missing' Backpackers in South East Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two 'Missing' Backpackers in South East Asia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Posted on social media by the Lazy Gecko Guesthouse & Bar:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two 'Missing' Backpackers in South East Asia

Post by Tarndog »

Haha, that guy is a druggie who tried convincing me he was working 'undercover' in lockstep with Cambodian police as an probate investigator. He was drunk as shit when telling me this. Every undercover agent usually spews off from the mouth telling people that, right?

Not surprising he's somehow missing. Has anyone checked the roadside ditches in Koh Rong?
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

Expat 2.0 doesnt post on instagram for a fortnight......

MISSING AND ASSUMED DEAD
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Pisshead wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 am Expat 2.0 doesnt post on instagram for a fortnight......

MISSING AND ASSUMED DEAD
ikr
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Tarndog wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:44 am Haha, that guy is a druggie who tried convincing me he was working 'undercover' in lockstep with Cambodian police as an probate investigator.
Ex-special forces?

What would an undercover probate investigator be doing in Cambodia, and how would Cambodian police be involved?
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

report it to the police then we may take it seriously if they do

did a runner on a month of complimentary accommodation, meals & promises perhaps? :beer2: :beer1: :beer3: :beer: :friends:
thru shit to more shit
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I knew a whacky Thai gal who when I parted ways with her posted my picture and a lot of bullshit about her 'missing friend' on her facebook account asking for anyone who saw me to get in touch with her.
I had told her I was heading north to throw her scent off my trail...
A friend of hers who had my email address wrote me and told me about... I was not on facebook ...had no idea..
I saw the post and was shocked at the detail and seemingly sincerity it contained...
all the while it was just a pissed off gal whose meal ticket had gotten tired of her games and bad habits.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

hope they are doing fine.

but that fits the definition of true backpacking...

disappear for a longtime, touch base with home occasionally and stay the hell off social media.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic