In Battambang? Urgent help needed buying parrot before it dies

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

In Battambang? Urgent help needed buying parrot before it dies

Post by StroppyChops »

This guy has bought a parrot in Battambang and has it in a cage that would be criminal in developed countries:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... H-h7Zyet7s

I want to buy the bird to get it out of that cage - it's a mustached parrot and I already keep others of the same species.

I'm not a member of that group and don't know much about Google groups. Is anyone a member of the group, and could contact the seller for me?

Further, can anyone assist or advise on getting it to PP?
Last edited by StroppyChops on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: In Battambang? Urgent help needed buying parrot before it dies

Post by StroppyChops »

Update - I joined the group (because that will come in handy in the future) and contacted the seller. Given his post I don't imagine he's going to be very helpful in getting the parrot to PP, so any help appreciated. The parrot will die quickly without help - possibly not significant to most, but it is to me as I kept exotic parrots in Australia.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Must... not... mention... the... dead.. parrot... sketch
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm Must... not... mention... the... dead.. parrot... sketch
Must ... hmph! ... not ...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Onya Chops. Well done.
Let us know how you go.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:47 pm Onya Chops. Well done.
Let us know how you go.
Not holding out much hope and I'm confident there are many more for sale that will end up in exactly the same sized cage, but this is the one I can see, so this is the one I'll try to help. I already have a dominant male of the same species, so I'm not sure how that will work out, but step by step.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 pm
Let us know how you go.
Not holding out much hope and I'm confident there are many more for sale that will end up in exactly the same sized cage, but this is the one I can see, so this is the one I'll try to help. I already have a dominant male of the same species, so I'm not sure how that will work out, but step by step.
I am really not a captive animals man myself, but you are doing a rescue.
That's why i think Phnom Tamao is the best zoo in the world - all animals have been rescued.

One small step-by-step for birds is a one huge leap for mankind, Strop.
But you already know that.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:41 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 pm
Let us know how you go.
I am really not a captive animals man myself, but you are doing a rescue.
That's why i think Phnom Tamao is the best zoo in the world - all animals have been rescued.

One small step-by-step for birds is a one huge leap for mankind, Strop.
But you already know that.
I probably won't keep this one as my existing male (which is not suitable for release or for sharing a cage other than with his bonded mate) wouldn't take kindly to it, and so Phnom Tamao is very likely to be in it's future. Alternatively, if it's a wild bird it will be released.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:28 pm Update - I joined the group (because that will come in handy in the future) and contacted the seller.
The group is very mundane but extremely helpful. The only real excitement we have had on the site was last week when some crazed looney wanted to make an offer on a no offers bike sale. It escalated to the point that the owner of the site was threatened with death!!! The looney has since been excommunicated of course.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:28 pm Update - I joined the group (because that will come in handy in the future) and contacted the seller.
The group is very mundane but extremely helpful. The only real excitement we have had on the site was last week when some crazed looney wanted to make an offer on a no offers bike sale. It escalated to the point that the owner of the site was threatened with death!!! The looney has since been excommunicated of course.
Threatening group/forum owners seems to be de rigueur in Bodge, and moreso as you get more provincial.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic