Seems this is Still news "Cambodia’s Fake Orphanages Deemed ‘Modern-Day Slavery’

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Seems this is Still news "Cambodia’s Fake Orphanages Deemed ‘Modern-Day Slavery’

Post by phuketrichard »

been going on forever and continues to.
In a chilling report by Der Spiegel, most of the orphans stuck in manual labor are not orphans at all. Instead, parents send their children to these homes in the hopes that they can make money from tourists who want to support orphans, either by purchasing souvenirs or by engaging in what experts call “voluntourism.”

The situation has become so dire that the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) does not even refer to these places as orphanages anymore, but rather uses the term “residential care institutions.” According to the organization, only one in five “orphans” has actually lost his or her parents.
https://www.inquisitr.com/5400711/cambo ... y-slavery/

Sensational news or??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Seems this is Still news "Cambodia’s Fake Orphanages Deemed ‘Modern-Day Slavery’

Post by The Whisperer »

Unread post by phuketrichard » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:27 am

been going on forever and continues to.
In a chilling report by Der Spiegel, most of the orphans stuck in manual labor are not orphans at all. Instead, parents send their children to these homes in the hopes that they can make money from tourists who want to support orphans, either by purchasing souvenirs or by engaging in what experts call “voluntourism.”

The situation has become so dire that the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) does not even refer to these places as orphanages anymore, but rather uses the term “residential care institutions.” According to the organization, only one in five “orphans” has actually lost his or her parents.
https://www.inquisitr.com/5400711/cambo ... y-slavery/

You know, as my life goes on, this planet that we live on just seems to be overflowing with more and more shit people. Maybe its just me, maybe i'm just starting to realise things, maybe things have always been the same, I just don't know.
No matter how grave the situation i just cannot understand how parents can put their kids in these dangerous situations. Kids should always come first.
I hope Satan is drastically expanding his area down below because I have a feeling that he is going to receive a massive influx of new customers in the future.
phkachhouk
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Seems this is Still news "Cambodia’s Fake Orphanages Deemed ‘Modern-Day Slavery’

Post by phkachhouk »

People become more jaded and bitter as they get older.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Unread post by phkachhouk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:01 am

People become more jaded and bitter as they get older.

Hey, where are you coming from? I'm maybe older, but i'm certainly not jaded or bitter. Maybe I've misunderstood your comments or perhaps you've got the wrong end of the stick.

“There is no sin except stupidity.”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic