is it hot enough for ya??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

is it hot enough for ya??

Post by phuketrichard »

Been having to use the air con at night to sleep the past week ( set it at 27)

daytime its almost unbearable to be outside, hitting 35, glad i dont live in the north
even jumping in the sea is not refreshing as its like a hot tub
People warned to avoid out-door activities due to high temperatures

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has warned people to avoid out-door activities due to the current high temperatures, which are forecast to exceed 43 degrees Celsius today in several northern provinces.

They are also advised to stay clear of big trees, poorly-erected structures or large billboards because of freak summer storms and strong winds caused by a low pressure cell over the northern part of the country.

In Bangkok, the weathermen predict that temperatures today will vary from 37-40 degrees Celsius, with wind speeds of between 10-20Kph.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/people-war ... peratures/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: is it hot enough for ya??

Post by John Bingham »

It's pretty goddamn hot in Phnom Penh, hitting 38°C sometimes but out in the midday sun way more than that. Luckily I haven't had too many powercuts but it's unbearable when they hit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

It's 31 in my room right now with the aircon at full blast and I am drenched in sweat.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Southeast Asia is hot in April. In other news: the sun may rise in the east tomorrow.....
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 pm It's 31 in my room right now with the aircon at full blast and I am drenched in sweat.
You should fix your AC
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 pm Southeast Asia is hot in April. In other news: the sun may rise in the east tomorrow.....
It's been a particularly long and parched dry season though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:00 pm
JerryCan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 pm It's 31 in my room right now with the aircon at full blast and I am drenched in sweat.
You should fix your AC
It works fine, it's just a 1 horse in a big room.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

for all you who joke about Kansas and toto..
this is just like July and August... perfect..
free sauna
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Literally sweating under a cold shower today. Dehumidifier in the soap curing room needs emptying twice a day... might make the effort to plumb it in.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Small, bedroom-size a/c just can't keep up with the humidity in my sieve-like living area. Here in Vung Tau, the humidity is heavy. Electricity bill was up to 1.5 million VND last month, about $70US. Outside from 11 am to 3 pm it's unbearable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic