Where can I buy Loctite?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Where can I buy Loctite?

Post by explorer »

Anyone know where I can buy Loctite, for preventing bolts from coming loose?

Kampong Cham would be ideal, but if anyone knows places in Phnom Penh let me know.

Does anyone know of other brand names which do the same thing, that is preventing bolts from coming loose?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Where can I buy Loctite?

Post by Duncan »

explorer wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm Anyone know where I can buy Loctite, for preventing bolts from coming loose?

Kampong Cham would be ideal, but if anyone knows places in Phnom Penh let me know.

Does anyone know of other brand names which do the same thing, that is preventing bolts from coming loose?

Use the bush remedy ,,, use a pair of side cutters or similar and slightly damage the thread on the bolt. If it's the nut you don't want to come off ,,,, give the bolt a slightly '' mushroom effect '' by tapping on the end of the bolt with a hammer ,,, after you have put the nut on.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

Regular two part epoxy sold here works fairly well too. Used it to lock in some petrol strimmer crankcase bolts that kept walking out, worked a treat thus far.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I would like Loctite. If I really cant get it, I may experiment with something else, like epoxy resin.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

I rode dirt bikes in the desert we were always in the middle of nowhere not a place to have something vibrate loose. We used 3M weatherstrip adhesive, the same as contact cement that is available here at most mom and pop hardware stores all over the KOW. Just tighten your bolt/nut then cover protruding threads or bolt heads and small surrounding areas. I have never had any thing loosen on me using this method. The bolt/nut is still easily loosen with a wrench when needed.

here is the contact cement I get locally, show them a picture of what you want always works for me
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

@explorer Blue or Red? Years ago I saw blue Loctite at Lucky Supermarket, but I have no idea if it's still there.
beaker wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm Image
Use in a well ventilated area though, that stuff will get you high off your tits in no time!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

JerryCan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:58 pm Use in a well ventilated area though, that stuff will get you high off your tits in no time!
I use this for hours in a poorly ventilated area and seem to have developed an immunity to the fumes. Others walk in and are almost immediately, as you say, off their tits.

I learned a lesson the hard way with this stuff. If, when you open it, it doesn't pour like runny honey, throw it. It will only cause you heart-ache. This is for laminating, if you're using it for other stuff, thicker might be better. I giggle when I watch YouTube DIYs that use contact cement and all the suggested ways of knowing when it's tacky enough. In the tropics, just get it on the the two surfaces that need to be joined, and bash them together before it's too late!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I cannot imagine you giggling..........................
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Arget wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 pm I cannot imagine you giggling..........................
It's not pretty.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

There's a (Vietnamese?) lady with a hardware store on the corner of St 155 and St 454, literally one block from Russian Market.

She's had Loctite in the past, no idea if she has it now. I tend to buy hardware from her because everything has marked prices, and she'll generally get it for you if she doesn't have it (and you can make her understand what it is).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic