American Generousity in Action

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

American Generousity in Action

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Deported Husband of Fallen Soldier Allowed to Return to US, Young Daughter

A Mexican widower whose 12-year-old daughter was left alone when he was deported last week is back in the U.S.

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, lost his wife in Afghanistan when her Army military police unit was hit with an IED in 2010. Last week, he was was detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement and sent back to Nogales, Mexico, his attorney told The Arizona Republic, leaving the couple's 12-year-old daughter without parents.

Gonzalez was then brought back through the Nogales border crossing and taken to Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) offices in Tucson. ICE officials told Hernandez that later on Monday Gonzalez would be taken back to Phoenix and released on his own recognizance, The Arizona Republic said.

Army Pfc. Barbara Vieyra, Evelyn's mother, was killed in September 2010 in Kunar Province in Afghanistan. She and Gonzalez had wed in 2007, three years after he came to the United States illegally as a teenager.

Gonzalez was supposed to be allowed to stay in the U.S. because his wife had been killed while serving, according to The Arizona Republic, but a judge ordered his deportation in December after he didn't show up for a court hearing.

His lawyer said that Gonzalez never got the notice to appear before a judge and that the letter was delivered to the wrong address.

An ICE spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... ghter.html

There are days when I am ashamed of what my government has become.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Re: American Generousity in Action

Post by RogueAnt »

Yes, you should be ashamed. Have you been to L.A. Seattle, Portland or San Fransisco recently? There are parts that look like slums in developing countries. The US has bigger problems than one illegal teenager who's being deported.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm Yes, you should be ashamed. Have you been to L.A. Seattle, Portland or San Fransisco recently? There are parts that look like slums in developing countries. The US has bigger problems than one illegal teenager who's being deported.
Who, exactly, should be ashamed?
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 pm
RogueAnt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm Yes, you should be ashamed. Have you been to L.A. Seattle, Portland or San Fransisco recently? There are parts that look like slums in developing countries. The US has bigger problems than one illegal teenager who's being deported.
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:23 pm
There are days when I am ashamed of what my government has become.[/b]
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

RogueAnt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:23 pm
There are days when I am ashamed of what my government has become.[/b]
The illegal teenager as you put it is a Gold Star Husband. His wife laid down her life in service for her great nation. An act of courage that far exceeds that of a "keyboard warrior". While disrespecting Gold Star Parents and POWs may be the flavour of the day, I for one am ashamed of the treatment by the US government to those and their families that have been killed or injured protecting the liberties and freedoms that others take for granted.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

"...protecting the liberties and freedoms..." ??

What, how many more god damn military bases and trillions of dollars poured into their military does America need to feel safe?

I understand what you're saying, and I am not attacking the family themselves as their actions themselves are honourable, but this idea of serving in the military to protect just the constitution of whatever is just a form of idol worship at this point.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

JerryCan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:56 am "...protecting the liberties and freedoms..." ??

What, how many more god damn military bases and trillions of dollars poured into their military does America need to feel safe?

but this idea of serving in the military to protect just the constitution of whatever is just a form of idol worship at this point.
I don't know where you get your concepts from man. I wasn't and none of the people I served with were "worshiping" any "idols".

I joined so I could get my university tuition paid for.

And it just so happened that during the course of 10 years, there was the ancillary benefit of learning how to serve something greater than myself. Being imbued with a sense of community and Country. There was no idol worship and I wasn't creaming my pants over the Constitution. Even though it is probably the closest thing that this shitty world has come to a perfect governing document.

"How many bases does America need to feel safe?"

I don't think it's about feeling safe. It's about trying to lend a helping hand so that we all, as global community, don't go the hell in a fiery hand-basket.

Believe me, if it were just about "feeling safe", we could do just fine by bringing all those mighty global military resources home, turn the barrels outward and become an isolationist state and just watch from the sidelines as the rest of the world fumbles around and fucks up.

We'd be untouchable and then, instead of decrying America and it's global presence, you'd be bitching into your .50 Anchor about how America doesn't care about the rest of the world, yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm wasting my time writing this, because as far as what a clutch of reprobate expats from some sink-hole in Shropshire think of the United States of America......

JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

I neither descend from the West Midlands, nor do I don't drink, and you seem to really do give a shit.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

JerryCan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 pm and you seem to really do give a shit.
Nope, I just don't let drivel go unchallenged, after I've said my piece, do what ever the fuck you want JerryCan.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 am The illegal teenager as you put it is a Gold Star Husband. His wife laid down her life in service for her great nation. An act of courage that far exceeds that of a "keyboard warrior". While disrespecting Gold Star Parents and POWs may be the flavour of the day, I for one am ashamed of the treatment by the US government to those and their families that have been killed or injured protecting the liberties and freedoms that others take for granted.
Has it occurred to you that many of the drug addicted people living in tents or homeless in the cities that are rapidly turning into shitholes, are veterans and legal citizens?

Save some righteousness for them, please.
Locked Previous topicNext topic