Road Accident Traffic Report - Khmer New Year 2019

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Road Accident Traffic Report - Khmer New Year 2019

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The figures will no doubt rise today, and they will be updated.

29 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
KNY traffic report
The National Police’s Traffic Police and Public Order Department reported today (April 16) that 82 traffic accidents occurred in the Kingdom from April 13 to 15. This is the time when many people leave the cities and travel to their families in the provinces.

The death toll was 44, and 132 persons suffered injuries, 100 of them sustained serious injuries.

The report cites the primary causes of the accidents as: “Speeding, drunk driving, dangerous overtaking, falling asleep at the wheel, and vehicle malfunctions.”

The most accidents happened in Phnom Penh, Kompong Speu, Kandal and Pursat provinces.

Although the accident figures are still high, they are a bit lower than those for 2017.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50596316/k ... ic-report/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Road Accident Traffic Report - Khmer New Year 2019

Post by Yerg »

A dubiously low number...
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

A lot of people haven't gone home yet.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Someone I met went home yesterday. In the way home, another vehicle came so close that it took the mirror off, but nothing more. That's close.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Aye, my street is still deserted...the holiday isn't over around here just yet.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I saw a girl lying on the road today. I don't know whether she was alive or dead, but the wreck of her motorbike was 10-15 metres further down the road. Appalling.
No, we didn't stop. There was already a crowd of people.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:58 pm I saw a girl lying on the road today. I don't know whether she was alive or dead, but the wreck of her motorbike was 10-15 metres further down the road. Appalling.
No, we didn't stop. There was already a crowd of people.
Best decision. Barang stops at scene to help = it'll be their fault within 5-10 minutes. Speaking from my own experience.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

52 die in traffic accidents over Khmer New Year
17 April 2019
The updated National Police states that from April 13 to 16 they tallied 109 traffic accidents nationwide, with 52 fatalities and 183 injured persons. The major causes of which were speeding, non-observance of traffic laws, hazardous overtaking, drunk driving, and vehicle malfunctions.
Khmer Times.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic