Business is blooming.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Business is blooming.

Post by The Whisperer »

Experts say the body shape of many women is changing.

Business is blooming! UK firm sells more than 1,000 pairs of the world's biggest size 50 knickers measuring almost 6ft on the waist and 7ft on the hip
Business is blooming for UK firm as demand increases for world's biggest size 50 knickers.

The biggest size 50 underwear in the world, they are near 6ft on the waist and 7ft on the hip and are part of a new range from The Size Expert, a company in Penryn, Cornwall. Experts say the body shape of many women is changing and the Size Experts' boss, Laura Murray, said she realised how hard it was to find 'super plus' underwear for women. Her company is selling cotton knickers up to a UK size 50, which have a have a waist size of up to 177cm (70 inches) and a hip size up to 202cm (80 inches).

Are 'western' women becoming all in wrestlers?
My God, i'm so pleased to be an expat.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Business is blooming.

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Whenever I return to my home country for a visit I'm always shocked at the stark difference compared to Asia.

The hospitals are overloaded with people who have obesity related illnesses. It's a national tragedy imo and governments seem gutless, powerless to do anything.

I recall reading the UK introduced a sugar tax. How's that going?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:04 am Whenever I return to my home country for a visit I'm always shocked at the stark difference compared to Asia.

The hospitals are overloaded with people who have obesity related illnesses. It's a national tragedy imo and governments seem gutless, powerless to do anything.

I recall reading the UK introduced a sugar tax. How's that going?
More tax revenue, zero effect on the obesity problem. No surprise really. The government always suggest that a tax will alter behaviour. All it does is increase revenue.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:04 am Whenever I return to my home country for a visit I'm always shocked at the stark difference compared to Asia.
I'm shocked when I watch videos from 30-40 years ago. I saw a talk show from the 80's (forgot what it was), and then entire audience was slim. Watch something today and the difference is remarkable.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Unread post by JerryCan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 am

clutchcargo wrote: ↑Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:04 am
Whenever I return to my home country for a visit I'm always shocked at the stark difference compared to Asia.

After several years in Asia It came as a big shock to me when I returned to the UK. Not only the size of the women, but also the way they acted. In the Pub they would be drinking the guys under the table, smoking, cursing, and on the rare occasions there was a fight it was usually between two women.
Whatever happened to 'Western' femininity.'

So pleased i'm enjoying my retirement back in Asia.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Whisperer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 am Re: Business is blooming.

After several years in Asia It came as a big shock to me when I returned to the UK. Not only the size of the women, but also the way they acted. In the Pub they would be drinking the guys under the table, smoking, cursing, and on the rare occasions there was a fight it was usually between two women.

Lost, MIA in the quest to be like guys.. And whatever happened to western masculinity? That got pussy whipped..
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 am

Lost, MIA in the quest to be like guys.. And whatever happened to western masculinity? That got pussy whipped..
Regrettably, it hasn't regenerated in men after they've moved to PP.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

I got news for 'ya. It's gonna be the same here in Cambodia before too long. The explosion of franchise restaurants and western culture, paired with the oft- noted propensity for laziness, can only mean one thing.

And for that, I'm glad I'll be in the ground, Mekong, Tonle Sap or burned to ashes before it happens... but it absolutely will happen.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Tarndog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 am

Regrettably, it hasn't regenerated in men after they've moved to PP.
But a few are trying! :lol:

Survival expert David Minetti leads a trek through a river in the Cambodian jungle

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hate to get in the way of some western women bashing, but statistically, in the UK there are more men than women who are overweight or obese.
UK Obesity Statistics
Trends in Overweight and Obesity

About 46% of men in England and 32% of women are overweight (a body mass index of 25-30 kg/m2), and an additional 17% of men and 21% of women are obese (a body mass index of more than 30 kg/m2 ).

Overweight and obesity increase with age. About 28% of men and 27% of women aged 16-24 are overweight or obese but 76% of men and 68% of women aged 55-64 are overweight or obese.

Overweight and obesity are increasing. The percentage of adults who are obese has roughly doubled since the mid-1980’s.
https://www.rightshape.com/uk-obesity-statistics/

This trend is expected to continue.

WHO report: 74% of men and 64% of women in UK to be overweight by 2030
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -men-women
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic