Ever been Banged Up?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ever been Banged Up?

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

` Spent the night in an RUC cell in Belfast in 1976. That story is best left untold but no charges were laid. A night in the slammer in Honolulu for simple possession, was given a deferred agreement of guilt for less than an ounce of pakalolo.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TOG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:45 am Is that your ride in your avatar, TOG?
That was my favourite ride.

It was a 1997 Legend...less chrome than the Thunderbird and I could strip it down and work on it, not like today's computer driven machines. Only real problem were the spark plugs. Almost impossible to reach so a hand made plug remover was in order.

Also, the wife found it comfortable which is important. She did not like my next and last bike...a Pan European. Too big for her.
me old man had 2 Thunderbirds 1700 LT
ImageImage
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

RickyBobby wrote:
Thenewstoday wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:49 am So a bicycle either has a tubular frame or a box frame and there is not enough space to fit 20 kilos inside. So you are either lying about the amount or lying about the whole thing, so what is it?
Take it outside boys. This is the place to tell stories, not a fact checking mission. If you do or don't believe it, no one else cares. Move along now, move along.
Bullshit!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm
TOG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:45 am Is that your ride in your avatar, TOG?
That was my favourite ride.

It was a 1997 Legend...less chrome than the Thunderbird and I could strip it down and work on it, not like today's computer driven machines. Only real problem were the spark plugs. Almost impossible to reach so a hand made plug remover was in order.

Also, the wife found it comfortable which is important. She did not like my next and last bike...a Pan European. Too big for her.
me old man had 2 Thunderbirds 1700 LT
Me dad had a Matchless and a Royal Enfield. :)

ImageImage
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:47 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 am But from acquaintances that have done time, i'd say Japan ranks better bad for various reason
Is better bad like gooder or ungooder?
well i have been told i dont know shit an all my info is bad but

in most jails if u have $$ u can buy yourself a certain level of comfort;
u cant in Japan. ur forced to bow to guards, never allowed to sit down while in ur cell unless its time to sleep, forced to march everywhere, cold as all get out in the winter.
the jap jails are the same as when they held POW's during the war,
for those i know that spent time in one and had been in India or Nepal jails all agreed India, Nepal was much better.

as to caption "claiming" he still smuggles,
he's got balls bigger than i ever had, i'd never try the things i did in the 70-90's nowadays and no one i know that went thru the 70-90's in asia doing the shit we did, (that is still alive) does anymore.
we have all moved on

Only the big boys are moving quantity out of SE asia and never by carriers, only a true sap would try it nowadays or someone figuring his luck wont run out.

I do know one group wants carriers moving X in liquid form Amsterdam to Japan, pay is $10,000/kilo

I had a friend who spent a couple of years n a jail in Japan in the mid-90s. The prisons are very strict, you have to get up at the right time and make your bed and stand in a proscribed space etc. However the facilities are very clean and he said the food was on a par with any western Japanese restaurant. He had been a chef before and got into the zen and came out looking well.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:01 am
RickyBobby wrote:
Thenewstoday wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:49 am So a bicycle either has a tubular frame or a box frame and there is not enough space to fit 20 kilos inside. So you are either lying about the amount or lying about the whole thing, so what is it?
Take it outside boys. This is the place to tell stories, not a fact checking mission. If you do or don't believe it, no one else cares. Move along now, move along.
Bullshit!
Not at all, and that's a bit of a strange response.

The thread title is obvious. I am thankful for the participants who are willing to share their stories. I take them at face value because I don't know most of the implications, and whether it is true or not has no affect on my life.

What matters is that people engage and share their interesting stories, and, if some turn out to be embellished or just plane fiction, we can all make that determination ourselves without bickering here and discouraging others to even bother having the conversation.

Thanks to the posters for making this an interesting thread. As for the cynics and critics, you may well have a valid point, but I don't care about hearing it here.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:01 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:25 pmI estimate that around 30% of the men I met in prison were innocent.
Somebody asked if that was people claiming to be innocent or actually innocent - I honest feel they're innocent, or at least guilty of much lesser charges that wouldn't have involved incarceration.

I've been given a heads-up that my post has been copied verbatim to TOF for their entertainment and ridicule. I guess at least if the monkeys are flinging their shit at me they're leaving some other schmuck alone for a change. Sad little individuals are all bar-stool lawyers, or at least think they know a criminal lawyer.
I did go look; pathetic they have nothing better to talk about. I note there are numerous posters that are active in both places; I wonder why. I never go there anymore because any worthwhile news is covered on both places (independent of where it originates) and the vibe there is not good and does my soul no good.

It's rich that reporting what we talk about here is now considered a topic for their discussion.

You're mentioned Stroppy, in a thread called Forum Wars? As if. I am just happily going about my business here, and finding it interesting and entertaining and enjoyable. The war was lost when TOF was abandoned by so many of us for irreconcilable differences.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

There but for the grace of God go I.

Been very fortunate over the years, so no longer do things that will put me in prison.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

RickyBobby wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:23 am T

Me dad had a Matchless and a Royal Enfield. :)

ImageImage
That brings back memories of my dad- he used to talk of his less responsible yoof. He waxed lyrical about his Matchless and Enfield, and a Triumph or two.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

my dad owned a triumph, hence my love of them
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic