Kampot's power to the Intl. Village

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Re: Kampot's power to the Intl. Village

Post by kaputt »

Vietnam , the saviour delivers more Electricity !!

Thank you

post329155.html?sid=1ff551c1051fc4c8ab4 ... cf#p329155
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietnam have agreed to supply 50MW more power to Cambodia. Unfortunately, the article doesn't say which regions will benefit from this power back-up.
business-and-finance/more-vietnamese-el ... ml#p329155

Sources from Ratanakkiri and Mondulkiri say that there are few power cuts in these regions and they don't last long. An obvious conclusion is that those regions fed by Vietnamese electricity are suffering from fewer problems than the rest of the country.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
kaputt
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by kaputt »

Update:

The 6 hr power cuts have apparently stopped 2 day's ago. Small frequent cuts still happen, but this is like usual.

happy, happy Khmer new Year......................., 37 degree celsius where i am !
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I live in Vietnam. We take all your trees and sell you electricity.... thanks!
:beer3:
You could be next.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Element6 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:28 pm Do the hotels/guest houses not have generators?

Bloody mouse has been in mine and chewed the wiring so damn thing wouldn't start when we had a cut this evening (kep). After 30 minutes of fiddling and swearing and sweating I got the thing to run. A second later power was restored....
Lucky it was only your generator, when I lived in my previous house next door, mice (or rats) constantly chewed the wiring of my car. But the warning lights for the brake, wiper or engine failures usually only came on after I was already on the road to PP. Quite scary. Tried everything to keep them out of my car. From covering my car in Talcum powder to sprinkling peppermint oil everywhere around. And traps obviously. Nothing worked. Since I live in my house next door I never have any problems with them anymore. Still don't understand why.
just noise, white noise
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I brought some poison from USA and Europe and they ate that so hopefully they are gone (latest batch untouched) but not before having a final knew in the wiring.

My housekeeper pi$$ed me off keeping bird feed in the garage which has attracted mice despite me telling her not I so I am now wandering what else they have eaten.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Element6 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:24 pm I brought some poison from USA and Europe and they ate that so hopefully they are gone (latest batch untouched) but not before having a final knew in the wiring.

My housekeeper pi$$ed me off keeping bird feed in the garage which has attracted mice despite me telling her not I so I am now wandering what else they have eaten.
Why on earth bring poison to Cambodia ? Seriously, there's alot of it about (far too much), and you can buy mice poison almost everywhere in small shops and supermarkets. I'd guess that it's more lethal than what they sell in western countries.

Or get a cat.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I know it is available here but I was in a hardware store and it was in front of me and easy to take
holidayinkh
Tourist

Post by holidayinkh »

kaputt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:45 am ...

According to the EDC Kampot parts of the Intl. Village receive Power from the Hydro Electric Power Plant of Kampot which does not produce any power currently because of the lack of water while the other part of the Intl. Village receives Electricity from Vietnam !!

If you're lucky you stick with the Vietnamese :-)
I assume you mean the Kamchay Dam. I happened to be near the dam on 9th around 8PM and was very surprised that they were sounding the alarm to release water. Why would they be doing that if the reservoir is low? Seemed strange.

That said, Bokor gets a lot more rain rain feeding into the reservoir than the surrounding area, even this time of year.
holidayinkh
Tourist

Post by holidayinkh »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:19 pm What is this "Intl. Village"? If the OP can't even be bothered to type out the proper name once I don't see why any of us should get too concerned. Low effort.
International Village is a name some real estate company invented 4 or 5 years ago, trying to sell a villa development there. It's quite a way out of Kampot with horrible roads to get there, the development didn't go through but the name stuck. There are some villa's and resorts there now though.
Sure, thanks. The OP could have written that in the title, then used the abbreviation afterwards.
Yet, still, no one has given you the "proper name" of Andoung Khmer.

Really though, would the name Andoung Khmer have meant anything more to you? Most expats around Kampot refer to it as International Village, and not Andoung Khmer. Most Khmer however will refer to it as Andoung Khmer. Also, it's not "quite a way out of Kampot" either, it's 3.8km from the Durian Roundabout. The first turnoff is barely out of town.

Other than that, it is mostly as described by others.

https://goo.gl/maps/USKaKRdiqtB2ufZD9
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic