Camry Car Full of Eagles Stopped in Kratie

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Camry Car Full of Eagles Stopped in Kratie

Post by hanno »

Difficult question. Off the top of my head highlights were my first Albatross (Wandering in Australia), African Penguin, Andean Cock-of-the-rock in Venezuela, Himalayan Monal in Bhutan, White-naped Crane in Mongolia. My very first bird recorded was Amethyst Sunbird at our house in Mombasa, Kenya.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Tarndog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:35 pm Ok, at a roadblock, there are multiple officers. So how the fuck is it possible the driver can just get away by running?
Maybe the officers were petting/"ooh-aah"ing the eaglets?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

hanno wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am Difficult question. Off the top of my head highlights were my first Albatross (Wandering in Australia), African Penguin, Andean Cock-of-the-rock in Venezuela, Himalayan Monal in Bhutan, White-naped Crane in Mongolia. My very first bird recorded was Amethyst Sunbird at our house in Mombasa, Kenya.
hanno wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am Difficult question. Off the top of my head highlights were my first Albatross (Wandering in Australia), African Penguin, Andean Cock-of-the-rock in Venezuela, Himalayan Monal in Bhutan, White-naped Crane in Mongolia. My very first bird recorded was Amethyst Sunbird at our house in Mombasa, Kenya.
My faves
3/ River Tern - flagged as the next bird to go extinct in Cambodia/SE Asia.
In Khmer mythology is deeply entwined with the Irrawaddy dolphin.

2/ Little Tern - the ballerina of terns.

1/ Spoon-billed Sandpiper - the best bird in the world,
the subject of one of the worlds most complex conservation programs,
Number 500 to go onto the Cambodian species list.

https://ebird.org/species/spbsan1

Anybody else got a faves list??
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

My goal whilst in Sa Pa are some of the specialties here: Pale-throated and White-throated Wren Babbler, some of the Laughing Thrushes and assorted other extremely skulking birds. Hope they haven't been trapped all out already.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic