julian assange nicked

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
MacShroom
Tourist
Uruguay

Re: julian assange nicked

Post by MacShroom »

I sit on the extreme outside looking in at this farce.
From my perch Trump has a lot more in common with Assange than any other figure.
Both have been mauled by the globalists, deep state, so-called free press and been marked for extermination.
The US has a department of justice full of scumbags who spent over a year trying to destroy this New York outsider who hurt W. Bush's little brother's feelings and then somehow overcame cia, fbi, irs and msm plots to gain the White House.
I think he will pardon Assange whether he wins in November or not.
Assange would of released evidence on Trump if he had any.
Toss in Snowden. He sure was not ratting out Trump for misdeeds but the people Trump beat to get elected.
I think Trump will pardon Snowden as well.
Of course, I don't really give a toss.
I try to look at results rather than let some news agency tell me how to think.
It seems like the Middle East may be headed in a better direction than in decades.
North Korea has stopped lobbing missiles over Japan.
China has its hands full with domestic issues and negative feelings about the covid 19 plague.
I have a great market stocked with Whiskies below what any country on the planet sells them for.
I just keep building my collection and avoid the news.
I made a decision to stay in Cambodia and ride out covid 19 and lucky for me it was the prudent thing to do and certainly the least expensive.
I am going to drink some great Whisky and enjoy the peace and quiet of my apartment here in Cambodia far away from all of the turmoil.
It is a time to remember our loved ones who have passed on and for me it is everyone I ever loved before I found my niche in Cambodia.
Cheers to one and all.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm What changed? Whats happening now is whats been happening for maybe hundreds of years, except today the channels are more sophisticated.
today we get to see, in specific detail, how the mechanisms of power work in practice
that will almost certainly be cause for change
for good, eventually
but we're currently on a detour of denial and reinforcement, it seems

monstra mihi bona!
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Phnom Poon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:58 pm
lagrange wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 pm What changed? Whats happening now is whats been happening for maybe hundreds of years, except today the channels are more sophisticated.
today we get to see, in specific detail, how the mechanisms of power work in practice
that will almost certainly be cause for change
for good, eventually
but we're currently on a detour of denial and reinforcement, it seems
If you really believe that, then good luck to you, I hope it all works out. Unfortunately 99% of the world's population really dont give a good goddam about it, being too concerned with getting by every day. I will watch for changes with interest. Just read that Wikileaks up to 2015 released 10 million documents . World changed yet? Nope, doesn't look like it.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

Day 15

Day 16

isn't it strange that the uk's bbc has absolutely no coverage of this 'hearing' whatsoever?

lagrange sounds like 'baldrick'
maybe (s)he'll be the next to be disappeared, which is essentially what's happening here

monstra mihi bona!
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Craig Murray - Day 17

also, an interview where assange predicted a us govt. attack on investigative journalism by labeling it espionage, whenever 'national security' was involved
at 40:45:
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1 ... an-assange

calling rossieoz, investigating reporter . . .

monstra mihi bona!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

^^^ interview was Feb 2011
but you probably did not need to be Nostradamus to make that prediction.

thanks Phnom Penh Post/Poon for the posting the interview
'very interested to hear from the mans mouth himself - something that is shut down by British Justice right now.
and could forever be freeze dried frozen silent if he ever gets sent to those tortuous sense-depriving US lifetime long inhumane high-tech dungeons.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Julian Assange would be sent to America's most notorious prison if extradited, court hears

Julian Assange may wind up at one of the country's most notorious prisons if he is extradited to the US and convicted of espionage.

That's according to Maureen Baird, a former warden at the Metropolitan Correctional Centre in New York, who testified in London on Tuesday as part of the weeks-long trial involving Mr Assange.

According to the Associated Press, Ms Baird told the court on Tuesday that Mr Assange would likely be sent to ADX Florence, the federal Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado, if he is convicted. Mr Assange, she explained, would need to be held under special administration measures (SAMs) because of national security concerns within the US government. Given those requirements, Ms Baird said the Colorado prison would be the "only place" for Mr Assange to serve his sentence, "unless there was a severe change in his medical status."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ju ... d=msedgntp
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Interesting read. Something that stood out is although the judge has tried her best to get this hearing over and done with quickly, she will still need two months or more to deliver her judgement. Why? Long and detailed cases in the High Court can take a couple of months to deliver, but a man's life is effectively at stake. How can it be right to have it dragged out until January. She should go away and do her work to the exclusion of everything else, and it doesn't take over two months to arrive at a judgement on a 20 days hearing.

The timetable which has been accepted is that the defence will lodge their closing arguments in writing on 30 October, the prosecution will reply on 13 November, with the defence able to make a further response by 20 November purely on any legal questions; Baraitser will then deliver her judgement in January. She made plain that she would not accept any further submissions based on developments in the interim, including the US Presidential election.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

The Assange extradition case is an unprecedented attack on press freedom – so why’s the media largely ignoring it?

this is in a major publication, but has the air of a rogue story, to me
the obvious answer to the question raised is that the 'free' press are not in fact free at all but are effectively in cahoots with power

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic