Two Drunk Brits Arrested & Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Two Drunk Brits Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters

Post by hanno »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm Jesus, they are lucky they did not get shot.
That's a good point.

Ten years ago, I stopped out front of the US embassy. I pulled out my camera to take a picture of the small concrete placard thing that's erected out on the sidewalk.

I'd only gotten about 1 photo when 3 armed, uniformed Cambodian dudes were suddenly standing next to me. Wondering just what in the hell I was doing.

One of these Brits was able to scale the Turkish embassy walls and actually get over onto the grounds?!?
I guess the Turks are a little lax. Wonder what would happen if someone pulled that stunt at, let's say, the Israeli Embassy?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:48 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm Jesus, they are lucky they did not get shot.
That's a good point.

Ten years ago, I stopped out front of the US embassy. I pulled out my camera to take a picture of the small concrete placard thing that's erected out on the sidewalk.

I'd only gotten about 1 photo when 3 armed, uniformed Cambodian dudes were suddenly standing next to me. Wondering just what in the hell I was doing.

One of these Brits was able to scale the Turkish embassy walls and actually get over onto the grounds?!?
I guess the Turks are a little lax. Wonder what would happen if someone pulled that stunt at, let's say, the Israeli Embassy?
The Embassy doesn't have very high walls.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
andy_morris
Expatriate

Post by andy_morris »

I'm pretty sure the Turkish embassy has a security booth at the gate. How did no one stop them climbing in?
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

They were probably drunk and looking for a kebab
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Captain Bonez wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:45 pm They were probably drunk and looking for a kebab
And/or a Turkish bath and harem? :beer3:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Drunk Brits Arrested & Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fame at last: their story has made the British tabloids.

Sheepish British tourists are forced by police to write letters of apology and promise not to cause trouble after passing out drunk in Cambodia
12 April 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 0&ito=1490
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Two Drunk Brits Arrested & Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters to Cambodia

Post by TOG »

I would say that a child of 7 had written those letters looking at how bad the hand writing is but that would insult the child.

I wonder where they went to school? (WP perhaps...joke between neighbours)
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

27 and 40 and they look the same age, I could barely determine the elder.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic