Two Drunk Brits Arrested & Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Two Drunk Brits Released After They Sign Grovelling Apology Letters

Post by Felgerkarb »

If I had 100r for every pisshead I found on the floor in a PP bar, I would have enough to build a FUCKING POWER PLANT. Sorry.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

Top bloke 2019 contenders.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE- Back story on their arrest, which was not for being drunk, but for trespassing on the grounds of the Turkish Embassy.
Updated News: On April 10, at 05:20 am, two British men, JAMES DONAGHUE, 41 year old, and JOSH LITTLE, 27-year-old, were apprehended while trying to enter the Turkish Embassy, on street 254, Sangkat Chaktomok, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.
One of the two men jumped into the embassy grounds while the other one waited outside. The motive for their act is unknown, but drink or drug use was suspected to have played a part. Both men were detained immediately and sent to the police station.

After that, the police sent them to the immigration department where they were made to sign letters of apology before they were released.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Still doesn't explain how they ended up passed out on the floor under the table... :please:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It's a tiring business, getting hammered and invading Turkish lands.

Perfectly reasonable to need a nap, some mama noodles and a drop of watter afterwards.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:26 pm Still doesn't explain how they ended up passed out on the floor under the table... :please:
Cambodian police are cunts that way.

The police probably told them that they wouldn't be dealt with till morning and to just crash on the floor and cop some Z's, till sun up.

Then the cheeky police start snapping photos whilst the pair of Britain's finest dream sweetly of Turkish embassy grounds.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jesus, they are lucky they did not get shot.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

should make them listen to Giorgio Moroder nonstop for a week
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

hanno wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm Jesus, they are lucky they did not get shot.
That's a good point.

Ten years ago, I stopped out front of the US embassy. I pulled out my camera to take a picture of the small concrete placard thing that's erected out on the sidewalk.

I'd only gotten about 1 photo when 3 armed, uniformed Cambodian dudes were suddenly standing next to me. Wondering just what in the hell I was doing.

One of these Brits was able to scale the Turkish embassy walls and actually get over onto the grounds?!?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic