Good food made easy.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Good food made easy.

Post by RickyBobby »

How is it that men built the world, can engineer skyscrapers and build bridges and yet pretend they cannot cook?

It has nothing to do with ability but mindset, and desire to know. Some want to be served and see no pleasure in it. Others, like me, enjoy it.

Its amazing what you can cobble together with a bit of creativity, as was the case with today's OMAD lunch.

I began with a frozen portion of my yummy bone broth which I had batch cooked previously.

Once simmering, I added broccoli, and some zucchini noodles.

I took a bit of radish Kimchi and juice and added that.

Then some bacon and sliced meatball.

I took some HWC and added some of the hot broth to that, pre-warming and mixing it before adding the whole thing back to the soup.

I sliced up the remaining two cherry tomatoes in the fridge and threw them in.

Next, I dropped an egg, and with a quick stir, I turned off the burner and covered the pan to sit for about 5 minutes. Total time to prepare, maybe 3 minutes of work and 8 minutes of supervision.

#yummy #wholesome #soupisgoodfood

*** for convenience I batch cook a lot of individual items and portion freeze them. It makes life so much easier.

** Photo is from archives, similar but not exact it also has spinach. Use what you have I say.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Good food made easy.

Post by Jcml19 »

Muy beuno... Pretty sure i butchered the spelling but u know wat i mean...

Chuck in some noodles/pasta n bam!!! 👍👍👍

One of these dayz ill open my restaurant....
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:33 am How is it that men built the world, can engineer skyscrapers and build bridges and yet pretend they cannot cook?
"All the best chefs in the world is men like Colonel Sanders and Ronald McDonald, they is way better than Wendy" - Ali G
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cooking is a basic survival skill. I had to move out when I wa 14 as the school was too far from home. Spent the first couple of weeks eating eggs. Boiled eggs. Fried eggs. Scrambled eggs. Decided that I had better by a cookbook before I started laying eggs myself....

P.S.: Knowing how to cook was a great way to pull the fair sex in my younger days, too.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

With Hanno on this one - its a basic survival skill, Mr. Spigz not too shabby in the kitchen. Daily dishes of pasta or a curry easy peasy, Christmas dinner with all the trimmings probably the only time I have to get out of 1st gear.

:thumbsup:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I also cleaned the fridge and cupboards last night, and threw everything in a pot.

I had some very small, possibly organic whole potatoes, and one medium non-organic potato which I cut to roughly the same size as the whole potatoes, which I boiled in natural tap water.

To this I added the ice-chilled portion (frozen lump) of mixed vegetables that was hiding in the back of the freezer, after reducing the water.

I incorporated (neh, neh?) a can of drained chick peas and a can of cheap baked beans, and then diced through some slices of "ham" product.

I seasoned accordingly and enhanced the flavour with some taco mix powder.

Sorry, no photo.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

I walked to a mini mart and bought some bread. I then ate it.

Good times.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Tonight I'm dining on left over cold pancakes, as the crew decided they're not that into them (although the proffered chocolate ice-cream was not refused).

I'm slathering them variously with butter, passion fruit compote, fresh banana, and maple syrup. That should challenge the diabetes medications nicely.

I had planned to throw on some bacon, eggs and fried tomato, but it's too darned hot.

Good food. Made. Easy!
Spoiler:
Sigh. I think I better make a pot of soup.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:01 pm Tonight I'm dining on left over cold pancakes, as the crew decided they're not that into them (although the proffered chocolate ice-cream was not refused).

I'm slathering them variously with butter, passion fruit compote, fresh banana, and maple syrup. That should challenge the diabetes medications nicely.

I had planned to throw on some bacon, eggs and fried tomato, but it's too darned hot.

Good food. Made. Easy!
Spoiler:
Sigh. I think I better make a pot of soup.
That's great. I always made extra pancakes, then used them later as bread for PB&J and rolled them up.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic