pontoon -- no more freelancers?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

pontoon -- no more freelancers?

Post by BklynBoy »

A friend of mine who dj's there told me they slowed down or stopped letting in freelancers and girls who dress overly sexy. He said its been a sausage fest lately .

anyone hear anything about that?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: pontoon -- no more freelancers?

Post by Captain Bonez »

They have to pay the $8 to get in now
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh this could be very good news for some. Just sayin’ ;)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Captain Bonez wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:20 pm They have to pay the $8 to get in now
shut up.. u serious??? assume that would only be on the weekends .... nobody pays during week-- from what i remember.

Regarding the $8 bucks-- part of me can see that.. .if they are there to earn money... why shouldn't the space make off it? .. but on other hand, if these girls aren't there... then maybe the guys would go somewhere else...

Unsure how that will play out.. Or maybe another venue will pick up the slack??

I would think the girls attract the guys to go and spend money on drinks etc... so if no girls there, why would guys go?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

It's all part of their anti-drug policy stance. Epic, Base & Pontoon have all been trying to portray a squeaky clean image since the raid on The Rock. They've even been running courses on how to deter, spot and stop drug use and dealing happening in the clubs.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm It's all part of their anti-drug policy stance. Epic, Base & Pontoon have all been trying to portray a squeaky clean image since the raid on The Rock. They've even been running courses on how to deter, spot and stop drug use and dealing happening in the clubs.
gotcha..so dog and pony show last for a few then back to normal. I don't recall Pontoon having that big of an issue w/ drugs. If it did, it probably happened after 3am when that other room opens up..
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm It's all part of their anti-drug policy stance. Epic, Base & Pontoon have all been trying to portray a squeaky clean image since the raid on The Rock. They've even been running courses on how to deter, spot and stop drug use and dealing happening in the clubs.
PSD is spot on as usual.

Here's some shots from Pontoons Bookface showing all the happy, course graduates.

ImageImageImage
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:53 pm
PSD is spot on as usual.

Here's some shots from Pontoons Bookface showing all the happy, course graduates.

ImageImageImage
hahahh i recognize some of them... Its funny .. everyone smile's and pretends they are super interested in the workshop ,,, get a certificate, move on and forget about it... same as everywhere else. In the States at my job same bullshit... have a conference or whatever... smile, ask questions you already know the answer too.. lol day goes on..
as long as my direct deposit hits......
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

This same policy was the downfall of the Walkabout.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The walkabout had that policy? I remember walking past them at the downstairs bar on the way to the pool tables upstairs. I thought I had gone in not long before it closed but I may be losing it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic