Thailand's Immigration chief (Big Joke) arrested

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand's Immigration chief (Big Joke) arrested

Post by phuketrichard »

i wonder whats really going on?
In second transfer within a week, new civilian post created for ousted immigration bureau chief

THE HIGH-PROFILE former Immigration Bureau chief, Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, once considered a rising star in the police force, was shockingly transferred yesterday to a newly created civilian post.

His designation as special adviser attached to the Prime Minister’s Office only fuels more speculation about his fate.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, in his capacity as head of the ruling National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), issued an order dated yesterday transferring Surachate from Royal Thai Police to a civil servant in the Prime Minister’s Office.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30367441
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

pczz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:44 am preumably anyone who has been paying for their retirement visas in Thailand should be looking over their shoulders....
I think if you are a foreigner in Thailand breaking the law, Big Joke has been a much bigger threat to your lifestyle than any of the previous Immigration chiefs have been
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:42 am
pczz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:44 am preumably anyone who has been paying for their retirement visas in Thailand should be looking over their shoulders....
I think if you are a foreigner in Thailand breaking the law, Big Joke has been a much bigger threat to your lifestyle than any of the previous Immigration chiefs have been
are u even following the story? He is NO LONGER in charge at immigration....

Lots of agents still operating in Thailand to "assist" you in getting a extension. nobody will stop that as immigration gets 60% or more of what the agent charges.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 am

Lots of agents still operating in Thailand to "assist" you in getting a extension. nobody will stop that as immigration gets 60% or more of what the agent charges.
To be fair he said “ has been “ not “ is “.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Yes, phuketrichard, I am following the story, that is why I used the word "has" as opposed to "is". No need to yell, my English is quite good, one could say at the "native speaker" level. Big Joke and his operation “X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner” were (past tense again) quite successful at removing scofflaws from Thailand.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

There are a few members who simply do not read posts on threads and just print the first thing that comes into their heads.

The BIGgest JOKE is that one member even admitted he could not be bothered to read previous posts. How can anyone take people like this seriously?
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

TOG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:50 pm
There are a few members who simply do not read posts on threads and just print the first thing that comes into their heads.

The BIGgest JOKE is that one member even admitted he could not be bothered to read previous posts. How can anyone take people like this seriously?
would that be the member you accuse of trolling you? The member you posted nearly the same comment on another thread today? Name names , show that you have a pair.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:28 pm would that be the member you accuse of trolling you? The member you posted nearly the same comment on another thread today? Name names , show that you have a pair.
Why are you so interested. Feeling guilty?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

TOG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:28 pm would that be the member you accuse of trolling you? The member you posted nearly the same comment on another thread today? Name names , show that you have a pair.
Why are you so interested. Feeling guilty?
Not at all, I just believe if you have something to say, say it, don t beat around the bush. I am not afraid to take my lumps, innuendo is a mug's game as far as I am concerned. Mine may be old, wrinkly and covered in grey hair but I still have a pair.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:46 pm Not at all, I just believe if you have something to say, say it, don t beat around the bush. I am not afraid to take my lumps, innuendo is a mug's game as far as I am concerned. Mine may be old, wrinkly and covered in grey hair but I still have a pair.
I think you are getting your balls mixed up with your brain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic