What is your medical problem that need to be discussed?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: What is your medical problem that need to be discussed?

Post by davegorman »

Ok. First off I’m one of those children you speak off.
Secondly taa started a thread on a public forum that he was dying and he was going to end it soon. But due to the technicalities of that we’d never know. Conundrum number 1.

If I was dying the only people I would tell is my friends (like not here or Facebook) and family. Notice I put friends first. (That’s another story)

Everyone will die. But please can all you people dying just try, please, be dignified about it. Random dudes (and dudettes) on the internet are not your friends, unless you’re Jamie.

I realise I prompted this thread but seriously.
TOG. Message me. Well go for a beer. Hug. Back slap. That’s it.

(Not Wednesday though as I’ve got a date with Gen Mack and OML)
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I think I’m banned.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

davegorman wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:22 pm Random dudes (and dudettes) on the internet are not your friends, unless you’re Jamie.

I realise I prompted this thread but seriously.
Far from random, there are a number of us in Yorkshire that know each other. One of the other members suffers from bowel cancer but is in remission at present.

And yes, you did prompt this thread so you cannot really criticise anyone who posts on it as it was started simply to please you.

My countdown to moving starts this year and I have the happy situation of spending the first three months on my own in PP (sorting our driving license and visas etc) while my wife is house hunting in Singapore. Although I cannot drink much due to medication (2 beers or glasses of wine and I pass out due to low blood pressure) I am very happy to stand more than a few rounds (and probably end up punching someone in the face as I have a quick temper...working on that).

Happy days.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Right. No time to waste (Although it’s odd you’re getting a 12 months licence) message me forthwith and one shall meet up for beer, shenanigans and good times. (Has to be in Kampot though. After KNY)

Go. Do it now.

(OML (UNTAC, bombs, land mines, French people. You know him) will be present in his borrows gimp gear, so he claims, but it’s rather large so I’m guessing it’s StroppyChippys).
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

TOG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:45 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:41 pm personally, i think anybody that gets in a ring and willingly lets someone else beat on them has something wrong with them to start with.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the aim not to get hit but to hit the other guy instead?
I am not sure I see much difference between boxing and marriage. All the violence happens at the end, someone always loses and still we go back for more
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:38 am
TOG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:45 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:41 pm personally, i think anybody that gets in a ring and willingly lets someone else beat on them has something wrong with them to start with.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the aim not to get hit but to hit the other guy instead?
I always thought the aim was to duck and dive and avoid getting hit, and then when you spot an opening whack the other guy? That was my take on boxing anyway.
tbh if everyone fought the same it would be a boring sport, there are many different styles, and as they say, styles makes fights, me personally i was a "Swarmer"...
The swarmer (in-fighter, crowder) is a fighter who attempts to overwhelm his opponent by applying constant pressure — taking away an opponent's spacing and timing. Swarmers tend to have a very good bob and weave, good power, a good chin, and a tremendous punch output (resulting in a great need for stamina and conditioning). This style favors closing inside an opponent, overwhelming them with intensity and flurries of hooks and uppercuts. They tend to be fast on their feet which can make them difficult to evade for a slower fighter; or are great at cutting off the ring with precise footwork. They also tend to have a good "chin" because this style usually involves being hit with many jabs before they can maneuver inside where they are more effective. Many swarmers are often either shorter fighters or fighters with shorter reaches, especially in the heavier classes, that have to get in close to be effective... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_st ... _technique
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Jamie. Do you regret your career as a fighter?

I hope not. A life of sport does take it's toll on everyone but it makes you who you are.

An old (younger than me) mate of mine from my club athletic days in the 60s (Geoff Capes) was probably the best shot putter we have ever had and also the worlds strongest man. However, his right shoulder is almost destroyed and he does not have much use of that arm due to the excess use of it.

He is however, one of the gentlest people you could ever meet. Great character and sport played more than it's fair share in developing his personality.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
k*rm*geddon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by k*rm*geddon »

I remember Geoff Capes from my mid-late 60s subscription to the monthly World Sports magazine.
MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMB ... B00L0LC8TO
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TOG wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:20 am Jamie. Do you regret your career as a fighter?

I hope not. A life of sport does take it's toll on everyone but it makes you who you are.

An old (younger than me) mate of mine from my club athletic days in the 60s (Geoff Capes) was probably the best shot putter we have ever had and also the worlds strongest man. However, his right shoulder is almost destroyed and he does not have much use of that arm due to the excess use of it.

He is however, one of the gentlest people you could ever meet. Great character and sport played more than it's fair share in developing his personality.
its pretty much been my life since i was 6 years old so its all i've really known, and couldnt imagine what path i would of ended up down, i do know in my teens i was going down the wrong paths and getting in with the wrong crowds, was in and out of court and nearly ended up doing some stints in prison, which woke me up and spurred me on to committing my life to my kickboxing...
Shawn 'Boom Boom' Burton
Posted: 2008-05-15 06:16:04
We have Jamie Lambert, think this lad could go all the way, lost his last two fights to Craig Carter, who was more experienced and heavier (also another great prospect). Lambo is an ex football hooligan, turned his life around, done his punishments and is a changed man. Really getting into kickboxing now, after just 3 wins and 1 draw was prepared to fly over to Italy for me and fight for a European title at 60kg. trains like a mad man and game to fight anyone!
He is 20 years old! http://message.axkickboxing.com/index.p ... &junk=5177
some of the long term effects caused from boxing now concern me somewhat, but some of my proudest moments in life come from it too, so could never regret it, such is life
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Ravensnest wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:17 am So much for seriousness here lol.

Phuket I think you're mental for selling a Moto you couldn't work on anymore. They are too be enjoyed by riding. Pay someone to do the fixing 🤣
You are obviously not a biker. half the fun is fixing/modding/and cleaning them. If you take your bike to the garage u r a snowflake and should stick to bicylcles and cars.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic