Bitcoin

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Bitcoin

Post by RickyBobby »

Well, I know why I have not resolved this issue yet. This seems all way over my head.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

What is a wallet. Is it something you store on an encrypted USB? Or is it a password protected app you download to your computer, or access online?

What exactly is the ownership of Bitcoin? Is it like a dollar bill, with each having a serial number? So if you are saving yours, you just have a long list of serial numbers?

See? Dumb.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:54 am
pczz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:46 am Check out https://www.revolut.com/en-US/
In the english version you can trade various bitcoins without actually buying them, so if you just want to speculate and you are not moneylaundering or people mtraficking or whatever then its a safe way to play
Revolut is unlikely to sustain its existence past the next couple of years. Their compliance systems don't work and are getting them into trouble, top execs have been jumping ship (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ ... questions/), and they aren't playing fair with the leading exchanges which means they are going to get stomped on.

Stick with one of the leading, reputable exchanges. There are plenty that offer a wide range of funding options (including fiat).
Quite agree, I have a case against them at the moment, but they now have an EU banking license (not a UK one) and your money is therefore protected if they go bust or run off with it up to eur85,000, which is a lot safer thanany bit coin exchanges I know of
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Its nice to see my little Bitcoin portfolio has recovered back to 1/2 its value from 1/3rd most recently.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Wow, just surging again. Exciting to see, because it was so depressing for a while. Anyone else holding a bit and interested in the topic?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Surging, yes. Can expect a correction coming soon before the next surge.
Meanwhile altcoins are taking a battering.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Username Taken wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm Surging, yes. Can expect a correction coming soon before the next surge.
Whats your prediction?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm Surging, yes. Can expect a correction coming soon before the next surge.
Whats your prediction?
Well, nobody can see the future, but looking at long-term charts it appears that btc has entered a cycle of upward trend that could continue for a year of two.
I think it will set a new all time high (>20K) within the next few months.

John McAfee is predicting 1M by the end of next year. I'm not sure about that, it would take huge amounts of money for that to happen. But, 100K+ could be possible.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Username Taken wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:56 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm
Whats your prediction?
Well, nobody can see the future, but looking at long-term charts it appears that btc has entered a cycle of upward trend that could continue for a year of two.
I think it will set a new all time high (>20K) within the next few months.

John McAfee is predicting 1M by the end of next year. I'm not sure about that, it would take huge amounts of money for that to happen. But, 100K+ could be possible.
I am humored following John McAfee, but can rarely make heads or tails of him. I was actually going to bring him up. He has a crazy life and seems jacked up most of the time and could hardly be considered credible. I love his predictions though.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Lord Jesus tells you to HODL 'Don't sell your BTC until it reaches 100K'

A cryptocurrency trader & investor, who goes by the Twitter handle Professor Crypto, apparently reached out to the one and only Lord Jesus, who was asked to remind us all of what it means to be in a true bull market.

'After a long two years in a bear market, Bitcoin has finally broken out, and this is a big deal', Jesus said.

Jesus added that you shall not sell your Bitcoin untill it reaches a $100,000, or even a million.

'If you follow these simple steps, you will be VERY rich. Guaranteed!'

'Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!'

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/9808/l ... 100k-.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic