Why so many full blown Alcoholics in SEA

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Why so many full blown Alcoholics in SEA

Post by Pisshead »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 am I just can’t believe this guy is actually real, and fairly young. How sad.
Thats only my observation.

Just walked down soi buakow at 8:30 AM.

Hookers and lady boys and old farangs drinking beer.

Living dream????

More like a nightmare if you ask me.....
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Pisshead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:14 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 am I just can’t believe this guy is actually real, and fairly young. How sad.

Living dream????

I've said this to you before: it maybe has less to do with all expats being alcoholics (though I wonder how many expats are actually on Soi Buakow) and all to do with the neighborhoods you hang out in. I can go for brunch at say the Sofitel and most of the expats there are not "full blown Alcoholics [sic]).
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

hanno wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am

Living dream????

I've said this to you before: it maybe has less to do with all expats being alcoholics (though I wonder how many expats are actually on Soi Buakow) and all to do with the neighborhoods you hang out in. I can go for brunch at say the Sofitel and most of the expats there are not "full blown Alcoholics [sic]).
What percentage of westerners in SEA are 2 week millionaires vs expats?

I noticed 2 week millionaires seem to drink in abundance in redlight areas more than the working class expats.

They wait all year to goto Pattaya/PP/Phuket etc etc then end up hungover for 2weeks straight with some cross eyed isaan hag they met on pattaya beach road at 2AM.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pisshead wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:57 pm Its normal to be alcoholic in SEA.

Drinking every day.....
Hangover every morning.

Is this what they call "living the dream"?

The grass aint always greener.......

Whilst escaping a the politically correct feminist western world i have come across a another huge dilemma here in SEA.....
Trapper...you are like a broken record, always the same shit dribbling from your mouth. Why don't you contribute something worthwhile for a change, something positive, see how it feels.

P.S. When are you back in town? You still haven't taken me up on my offer to meet for a few beers
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Pisshead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 am
hanno wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am

Living dream????

What percentage of westerners in SEA are 2 week millionaires vs expats?

I noticed 2 week millionaires seem to drink in abundance in redlight areas more than the working class expats.

They wait all year to goto Pattaya/PP/Phuket etc etc then end up hungover for 2weeks straight with some cross eyed isaan hag they met on pattaya beach road at 2AM.
You are again ignoring the percentage of expats employed in professional jobs. What have cashed up boguns engaging on a short holiday " 2 week millionaires" got to do with the percentage of expats employed in professional jobs?

The so called two week millionaires and the group of retired working class expats eking out a low cost existence are the opposite ends of the same demographic. (and just to make it clear I am not tarring all working class expats with the same brush). Laborers in unpleasant jobs saving money to blow on sex and debauchery once a year before going back to an unfulfilling job is probably the start of the two week millionaire syndrome, If this is done repeatedly when it comes to retirement they have little to show for their life as they have not invested in property and retirement options and end up retiring in Thailand or Cambodia trying to relive their "two week millionaire" lifestyle on very limited resources. They end up in 50c beer support groups, the start of the downward spiral?

Just to make it clear Hano was referring to the expats in professional jobs he encounters not the above demographic just described.

I think you are heading for the same existence you described in Pattaya. My advice would be get a job "out west" mining you could qualify on a Load haul dump truck or boom jumbo and make around $160000 a year. If you keep your nore clean you could get a bank loan on a house and rent out to pay the loan. You could still have holidays with plenty of cash to spend and when you retire you are set up and can avoid the 50c beer bemographic. :D
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Hey Pisshead.......

I am one of the retired blokes who has chosen Cambodia as my country of choice because I like it.
I have worked all my life in various occupations and have been married a couple of times. I have 6 kids and 17 grandkids but have no wish to be a babysitter .
I enjoy the weather here, I enjoy the people, I enjoy the varied countryside. I have a beer or two, listen to music where I want and eat what I want. I see some blokes as pissheads but honestly most of the expats I see are either working , married or just normal people enjoying the twilight of life. So what if we share some time with a lady (not boy) . We are just older - not dead.

Of all the people I have met in SEA I would say only a handfull have been your type of person. All the rest are normal blokes who have a varied range of work and life experiences that they can share. No one is better than everyone, just different.

The alcoholics will be alcos wherever they are. Open your eyes and look around there are good people everywhere in SEA both local and expats.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Living dream????

It depends.

Some might have lived strict hard lives and to them drinking beer with these interesting people might be some kind of stress relief.

The aren't harming anyone and maybe they are curious or something.

Once you know the place what else is there to do 80% of the time? It's a personal choice , their time, and up to them.

In KOW, Cambodian 50 cent beer culture may be a major contributer and potential skirt or ever present? chiX with Dix ?may be the twist that does the rest?😂
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Pisshead, as far as Cambodia is concerned, don't hang out in Riverside if you don't wanna be surrounded with 60 something year old losers. That area is populated by old farts sipping on cheap local beer all day, thinking they got game because a 20 something year old hooker is trynna make a quick buck. Those geezers are not representative of the expat community in PP. There are some older men/ women out here actually putting in work.

Not everyone here is an alcoholic, but since there isn't shit to do in PP, eating and drinking are pretty much everybody's pastimes. It's also very difficult to have a social life in Cambodia if you don't drink (since most events happen in bars/ restaurants).

Pay attention to the "news" on CEO. You'll notice that hardworking professional expats don't die very often from heart attacks or some other weird shit. They do get involved in some shady shit every now and then, but they don't jump off a damn hotel balcony when shit gets real.

All in all, the full blown alcoholics you see here were prolly already alcoholics in their home country
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Trapper

PLEASE go join pattaya addicts> https://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/
U will fit right in as they are ur kind of people.
Than STOP posting ur drivel here...
:please:
98% of the LONG time residents that i know here ( i am talking 20+ years) NONE fit into ur "full blown alcoholics" category!!!
In fact many haven't set foot in a bar in years
I have 6 kids and 17 grandkids
Arget
Fuck, i have one kid and seriously doubt will have any grand-kids,

congrats or condolences on the 6/17... :beer3:

Xmas back in the west must have been a hell of a day
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It was.........and they all enjoyed Christmas at my place, ate my food, drank my beer but thanked me with kisses and hugs and gifts made at school.

Well worth it but now time to enjoy MY time. They are welcome to visit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic