Car Parts Store, (New Parts)?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Car Parts Store, (New Parts)?

Post by lostjeremy »

I've been around Psar Depo and seen all the second hand cleaned parts. I'm trying to find a store with new parts. They can be generic knockoffs as long as it's decent quality and not at dealer prices. Just simple things like ball joints, tie rods, end links, even air/oil filters. After all these years here I rarely miss conveniences of back home but I sure could use a Napa/O'Reileys/AutoZone type store about now. Anyone have a store they know of with new car parts?

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Car Parts Store, (New Parts)?

Post by JerryCan »

St. 128, I go to the guy at these coordinates between the Yokohama store and the leaf place (no idea what it actually is). He speaks English, his wife doesn't. I don't know what vehicle you have, but he's had basic stuff for your average Toyotas and Hyundais etc. No BMW or Merc things though.

https://www.google.com/maps/@11.5689622 ... 2!1b1!2i50
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

A word of warning. Be careful where you get your oil and oil filters from. Some of the cheap copies literally break up or they are too dense and block the oil flow. Given the price of even an old heap here I just don;t think its worth the risk to use non genuine oil filters and decent oil
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

pczz wrote:A word of warning. Be careful where you get your oil and oil filters from. Some of the cheap copies literally break up or they are too dense and block the oil flow. Given the price of even an old heap here I just don;t think its worth the risk to use non genuine oil filters and decent oil
I agree. I wouldn't want a brand I don't know about.
In the US I used Fram filters for decades even though some people don't trust them I never had an issue.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic