US Students Bring Menstrual Pads for Cambodian Village Women

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ali baba
Expatriate

Re: US Students Bring Menstrual Pads for Cambodian Village Women

Post by ali baba »

You're welcome
Scarier than malaria.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:54 pm Oh god I love it when men talk about women’s issues.

If men had periods they would have found a cure for it years ago.
Maybe you can enlighten us then, if you can remember.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 pm I know Khmer girls who use tampons.

Seriously, men should not get involved in secret women’s business.
Secret? I buy sanitary pads for the Missus when shopping...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I agree, lets get back to talking about mens business , like beer , girls and more beer.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

They brought pads for the woman. What did the bring for the men? A few cold ones, I hope.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Is it a secret when she sits on my knee in the shower and asks me to do it because she has never used one and doesn't have a clue, and even though I am the same, trusts me more than herself?

Also not a secret that it was a failed experiment and she didn't want to use them since.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Is it a secret when she sits on my knee in the shower and asks me to do it because she has never used one and doesn't have a clue, and even though I am the same, trusts me more than herself?

Also not a secret that it was a failed experiment and she didn't want to use them since.
Are you sure you put it in the right hole? :stir:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Paulo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:50 pm
RickyBobby wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Are you sure you put it in the right hole? :stir:
Speaking of which. She didn't even know she had two holes. :P She wondered how she could pee with that tampon in there. The education was the fun part, but otherwise, I needed a bit of counselling and developed a tic.

Used to be that you could clear the room of men if you began a discussion about menstruation. And a big debate on the appropriateness of television commercials. I see it as a positive sign of progress that men can now be mature and informed enough to have a discussion about it.

(the whole thing happened because she didn't think she could swim when on her period. I said she could if she wore a tampon and that all the girls in the west did just that)
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I applaud the students from West Valley College for making an effort and don t understand those who vilify them. These "western spoilt brats " more than likely learnt a great deal about the hardships Cambodian people live with and will be better people for it. Daily I see poor or disabled people whose lives are an unimaginable struggle. I see people toil doing backbreaking work and still live in abject poverty. None of us did a damn thing to be born in a western affluent nation and live a life of privilege. Cambodian's have an average income of about $1,200 a year, I know some make far more but then that means many more will make far less. Certainly, this is less than most of us will spend on our vices let alone food, shelter clothing and education.

To ridicule people for a charitable act however misguided says far more to me about the one that ridicules than the misguided students.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I agree.

Dont criticize people doing positive things, even if it is not what you would do, unless you actually know they are doing something wrong.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic