Handling of specs

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Handling of specs

Post by Tarndog »

This morning I went to get my eyeglasses before heading out for breakfast. I found them folded, lenses facing down, on the top of my wardrobe. My Khmer gf must have put them there.

I've seen her, and other previous Khmer gf's, do the same thing many times, fold the stems and set them down, lenses down - you know so the lenses become scratched!

I realize many Khmer probably don't have experience handling eyeglasses, but just wondering if my experiences with this are the norm or not.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Handling of specs

Post by hanno »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:20 am This morning I went to get my eyeglasses before heading out for breakfast. I found them folded, lenses facing down, on the top of my wardrobe. My Khmer gf must have put them there.

I've seen her, and other previous Khmer gf's, do the same thing many times, fold the stems and set them down, lenses down - you know so the lenses become scratched!

I realize many Khmer probably don't have experience handling eyeglasses, but just wondering if my experiences with this are the norm or not.
Whoa, this is a serious issue and should be looked into seriously :stir:
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

hanno wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:08 am
Tarndog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:20 am This morning I went to get my eyeglasses before heading out for breakfast. I found them folded, lenses facing down, on the top of my wardrobe. My Khmer gf must have put them there.

Hey dude, I missed the notice stating you were to be consulted with before making a post. And did I ever even suggest it was serious?

You might think you're kinda funny, but you're a punk.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 am

Hey dude, I missed the notice stating you were to be consulted with before making a post. And did I ever even suggest it was serious?

Come on man, he's just taking the piss a bit. He did put the shit-stirring emoji in there, after all.

You've got to admit, in the grand scheme of things, how your missus positions your bifocals is of trivial importance to a web forum.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

Edited post below
Last edited by bong.kuit on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:53 am
Tarndog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:35 am

Come on man, he's just taking the piss a bit. He did put the shit-stirring emoji in there, after all.

You've got to admit, in the grand scheme of things, how your missus positions your bifocals is of trivial importance to a web forum.
Yes, it is absolutely trivial, I completely agree. But the negativity and hate on here isn't necessary, not just for me, but it's so common. I was simply asking if others experienced it. Does everything have to be in the Newsworthy section?
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

I think we found an Expat 3.0 prototype.

Small anecdote... A good ten years ago, a certain german hotelier in Sihanoukville tried to teach his Khmer staff not to dispense ice with bare hands. He would totally lose it when seeing them doing it - again - and the Khmers were totally shocked how one could react so aggressively over such a non-issue. A few minutes later he usually retreated to his room and sobbed.
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

Keep the girls, but get rid of the wardrobe.

And the night air carries whispers of consolation.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

A couple of sound beatings should resolve most of these problems, one each for the miscreants, and one for self, so as not to be left out. After all, it works for monks, right?

In fact, I'll go get my whip now. I've managed to get in the terrible habit of leaving my sunglasses face down. That is, when I haven't left them somewhere, forgotten, and lost for days until a colleague says he's discovered them. Such wonton carelessness needs to be stamped out.

Ooops. forgot the smiliethingie in case I was taken too seriously...
:facepalm:

...or is not seriously enough?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jesus, it was in jest. Scratched specsa are the least of your worries. "Negativity"? "Hate"? ........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic