eclipse sky bar - new location

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: eclipse sky bar - new location

Post by BklynBoy »

Khmerican wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:34 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 am Anyone check out the new location of Eclipse sky bar??
I believe the Eclipse Terrace Bar is in addition to, not in place of, the Eclipse Sky Bar.

Nice place. Was there opening night. Appreciated the 30% discount.
That probably makes sense. Manager told me that the Chinese bought the building and told him they gotta move.. Unsure who owns the rights to the name or if its addition to it etc
gonna ask him
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

The only rooftop bars I have been to are all crack houses (except its not usually crack, more ganja and ice). Got plenty of warning to toss stuff over the prapet before the police get to the top floor :-)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Eclipse bar sucked. Service quickly deteriorated and the last few times I was there they just had extremely loud Khmer love songs blaring to the usual "can't have a conversation" level. When asked if they could turn it down a little notch I got a shrug from the waitress. It quickly went from an upscale local to basically a place where everyone and their uncle went for a selfie. The last time I was there it looked and sounded exactly like a (cheap) Khmer BBQ/beer garden. Was your friend the manager fr when it opened or towards the end? Major difference in service, atmosphere and food/drink AND service quality. It was unique when it first opened and seemed to have a western manager, but there are tons of better sky bars around now.

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad how it slowly went from a place for the well-heeled, with some soft live jazz ensemble playing in the background, to basically a "throw your napkins on the floor" kind of place, with staff talking to each other lazily shuffling their feet towards you after waving your hands around for ten minutes. You know your game had dropped when Pizza Company becomes a step up.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:05 pm Eclipse bar sucked. Service quickly deteriorated and the last few times I was there they just had extremely loud Khmer love songs blaring to the usual "can't have a conversation" level. When asked if they could turn it down a little notch I got a shrug from the waitress. It quickly went from an upscale local to basically a place where everyone and their uncle went for a selfie. The last time I was there it looked and sounded exactly like a (cheap) Khmer BBQ/beer garden. Was your friend the manager fr when it opened or towards the end? Major difference in service, atmosphere and food/drink AND service quality. It was unique when it first opened and seemed to have a western manager, but there are tons of better sky bars around now.

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad how it slowly went from a place for the well-heeled, with some soft live jazz ensemble playing in the background, to basically a "throw your napkins on the floor" kind of place, with staff talking to each other lazily shuffling their feet towards you after waving your hands around for ten minutes. You know your game had dropped when Pizza Company becomes a step up.
I been going every summer for last 3/4 years and he has been there. I never knew it to be a place with napkins on the floor type of thing. He is the only Barang there and is pretty hands on. I seen him handle situations, taking care of customers etc. I would bet if you needed something, he would be the guy to do it. I always go for a few then go to the next spot.

Curious, what are some of the other sky bars that are good to check out? Mostly I see upscale or wanna be upscale types that go to eclipse. Also seen some families as well
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

pczz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 pm The only rooftop bars I have been to are all crack houses (except its not usually crack, more ganja and ice). Got plenty of warning to toss stuff over the prapet before the police get to the top floor :-)
thats what i am talking about.... not dusk til dawn or anything right? put me on!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:05 pm there are tons of better sky bars around now.
For example the soon to open revolving skybar at The Penthouse where your view is 360 and it rotates.

Shame about the small size condos full of giant poles taking up half the space and really awkward balconies, but you won't see those from the top.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

BklynBoy wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:05 pm Eclipse bar sucked. Service quickly deteriorated and the last few times I was there they just had extremely loud Khmer love songs blaring to the usual "can't have a conversation" level. When asked if they could turn it down a little notch I got a shrug from the waitress. It quickly went from an upscale local to basically a place where everyone and their uncle went for a selfie. The last time I was there it looked and sounded exactly like a (cheap) Khmer BBQ/beer garden. Was your friend the manager fr when it opened or towards the end? Major difference in service, atmosphere and food/drink AND service quality. It was unique when it first opened and seemed to have a western manager, but there are tons of better sky bars around now.

I been going every summer for last 3/4 years and he has been there. I never knew it to be a place with napkins on the floor type of thing. He is the only Barang there and is pretty hands on. I seen him handle situations, taking care of customers etc. I would bet if you needed something, he would be the guy to do it. I always go for a few then go to the next spot.

Curious, what are some of the other sky bars that are good to check out? Mostly I see upscale or wanna be upscale types that go to eclipse. Also seen some families as well
Most skyrises now have a "sky bar". Veeha isn't bad, as is Lumière. Then there's Rosewood if you're feeling splurgy (I haven't been yet). Many others as well. Most buildings over 12 stories will have one.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic