Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Post by hanno »

explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 amThe key point is, the girl will seek out other foreign men, and play the same game all over again.
Always takes two to play.....
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 am
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 am
explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:22 am
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am
explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 am

I wonder who is dating her now.
If true, let that be warning to all.
I don't know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They don't feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

They then actively seek other foreign boyfriends.

They put on such a good act, the gullible men will tell you it is genuine love.

They truly are human parasites.
Well, if bar girls are suck, how about the men that use them? I am sure this man, if the story is true, thought that he could build the house and receive the love and devotion of this woman for the rest of his life. But; a bar girl no less? Never underestimate the power of denial. We are in love with the dream, we really want to believe.

These bar girls have seen enough of the dregs of society that they think all men are the same, and they have been used and abused enough and screwed over so they have no qualms to giving a bit of it back. Cant say I blame them from their perspective.

Life can be very cruel, especially if you want to believe in the good in others.
The key point is, the girl will seek out other foreign men, and play the same game all over again. Another one may lose all his money too, and finish up homeless.

Just because she says she loves him, does not mean she really does.
Well, my ex used the law and all the power of the state to usurp most of my resources, for many years, and she is now living on a lake with her second husband. She has it all, and I now have converted a garage to a bachelor apartment. Yet, she is a pillar of the community and the church. Its not unusual, no matter who they are, or how much they love Jesus. :P
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 am
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 am
RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am
explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 am

I wonder who is dating her now.
If true, let that be warning to all.
I don't know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They don't feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

Well, if bar girls are suck, how about the men that use them? I am sure this man, if the story is true, thought that he could build the house and receive the love and devotion of this woman for the rest of his life. But; a bar girl no less? Never underestimate the power of denial. We are in love with the dream, we really want to believe.

These bar girls have seen enough of the dregs of society that they think all men are the same, and they have been used and abused enough and screwed over so they have no qualms to giving a bit of it back. Cant say I blame them from their perspective.

Life can be very cruel, especially if you want to believe in the good in others.
The key point is, the girl will seek out other foreign men, and play the same game all over again. Another one may lose all his money too, and finish up homeless.

Just because she says she loves him, does not mean she really does.
Unless you are an addict, alcoholic, or have mental problems (depression etc) we all should have a contingency plan JIC anything were to go FUBAR. For me, my family is a safety net, and there is provisions and some planning with them that has been done in case I was to ever end up in a really tight situation. They would not leave me to die in the street. We need to be careful to never burn our bridges, but we should never be too proud to ask for help.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Goodbye Alfred from Sweden. Hopefully peace at last.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

As usual....explorer..master of the obvious.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Chatted to his drinking Buddies this morning,they thought Alf was dead because the ex had appeared with her long term partner,a khmer by the way.Apperentley he had no documents on him when he passed but she may have had his passport for safe keeping,amazing how the jungle drums work in this country,a guy passes away and his ex in the province is in town 24hrs later :facepalm:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I dont know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They dont feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

Sure, you would have expected that terrible woman to have stuck with this obviously very balanced, upstanding member of the community.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm :stir: Seems like it is Alf,shame was a decent bloke till he took to the sauce,co -owned a restraunt in Stockholm and sold out to his partner,who was very shy at paying what he owed Alf,he took up with some woman from the corner bar and built her a house in the province,soon as he finished she dumped him and he became a riverside beggar.He worked in Shennanigans for over 6 months and the owner was very happy with him,but he walked out to work for the turks on 136st.From then on it was downhill odd jobs and rice wine,he once confided in me that he had a untreatable desease,but i took it with a pinch off salt as he was telling all and sundry different tales.Anyway R.I.P ALF will miss your drunken antics :beer3:
Is this the same Alf who was working at the Irish Place on st 110 a few years back?
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

PIEMAN wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am :stir: Chatted to his drinking Buddies this morning,they thought Alf was dead because the ex had appeared with her long term partner,a khmer by the way.Apperentley he had no documents on him when he passed but she may have had his passport for safe keeping,amazing how the jungle drums work in this country,a guy passes away and his ex in the province is in town 24hrs later :facepalm:
It's common knowledge how Khmer men treat their ladies... can you blame her? I mean, for being Khmer?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

PIEMAN wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am Chatted to his drinking Buddies this morning,they thought Alf was dead because the ex had appeared with her long term partner,a khmer by the way.Apperentley he had no documents on him when he passed but she may have had his passport for safe keeping,amazing how the jungle drums work in this country,a guy passes away and his ex in the province is in town 24hrs later :facepalm:
So while she has a Khmer husband, she convinced this foreigner she was in love with him, and he built her a new house.

People want to justify the actions of someone who scammed a man out of all his money and let him starve to death.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic