Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Post by davegorman »

Have we entered the fourth dimension?

So RIP dude anyway.
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Re: Unidentified Foreign Man Found Lying Dead Outside a House on Street 13, Phnom Penh

Post by jaggop »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:23 pm
jaggop wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 pm Seems to be this guy: general-chatter/riverside-begger-t27236.html
Do we know that the deceased is the man in the above thread? Does anyone know his name ? Nationality ? It seems so horribly anonymous for him to die on the street as an "unidentified foreign man". It would be good to at least give him his name.

And what happens next ? Who pays for the cremation ? Not the embassy I suppose.
RIP poor man who died alone on the streets of PP. Brutal.
I would say I am fairly certain, staff recognized his picture and identified him as the same guy as in the picture in other thread. I did not see the picture myself, so not willing to call it 100%. His first name is Alfred, he is Swedish, but I know no more than that.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Pot_a_hontas wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:33 pm 13. hmmm lucky numbe4s slaying. Sounds almost like sacrifice according to my knowl3dge on number 13. Like friday 13 when templar knights were burned alive in france. r. i. p anyway tho. #barang #farang
Huh?????
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Seems like it is Alf,shame was a decent bloke till he took to the sauce,co -owned a restraunt in Stockholm and sold out to his partner,who was very shy at paying what he owed Alf,he took up with some woman from the corner bar and built her a house in the province,soon as he finished she dumped him and he became a riverside beggar.He worked in Shennanigans for over 6 months and the owner was very happy with him,but he walked out to work for the turks on 136st.From then on it was downhill odd jobs and rice wine,he once confided in me that he had a untreatable desease,but i took it with a pinch off salt as he was telling all and sundry different tales.Anyway R.I.P ALF will miss your drunken antics :beer3:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm he took up with some woman from the corner bar and built her a house in the province,soon as he finished she dumped him and he became a riverside beggar.
I wonder who is dating her now.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:46 am
PIEMAN wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 pm he took up with some woman from the corner bar and built her a house in the province,soon as he finished she dumped him and he became a riverside beggar.
If true, let that be warning to all.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am
I dont know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They dont feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

They then actively seek other foreign boyfriends.

They put on such a good act, the gullible men will tell you it is genuine love.

They truly are human parasites.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

explorer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:22 am
I dont know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They dont feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

Uh oh, this kind of comment will get you on John Bingham's hate list. Kind of like a death wish of its own.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I don't know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They don't feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

Well, if bar girls are suck, how about the men that use them? I am sure this man, if the story is true, thought that he could build the house and receive the love and devotion of this woman for the rest of his life. But; a bar girl no less? Never underestimate the power of denial. We are in love with the dream, we really want to believe.

These bar girls have seen enough of the dregs of society that they think all men are the same, and they have been used and abused enough and screwed over so they have no qualms to giving a bit of it back. Cant say I blame them from their perspective.

Life can be very cruel, especially if you want to believe in the good in others.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 am
I don't know this individual, but women like this think they are clever, and the boyfriend is stupid. They don't feel bad at all that he died. He may have died of starvation after giving all his money to build a house for her.

Well, if bar girls are suck, how about the men that use them? I am sure this man, if the story is true, thought that he could build the house and receive the love and devotion of this woman for the rest of his life. But; a bar girl no less? Never underestimate the power of denial. We are in love with the dream, we really want to believe.

These bar girls have seen enough of the dregs of society that they think all men are the same, and they have been used and abused enough and screwed over so they have no qualms to giving a bit of it back. Cant say I blame them from their perspective.

Life can be very cruel, especially if you want to believe in the good in others.
The key point is, the girl will seek out other foreign men, and play the same game all over again. Another one may lose all his money too, and finish up homeless.

Just because she says she loves him, does not mean she really does.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic