A Non Racist Observation

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: A Non Racist Observation

Post by chiltern »

So you say your wife is from Singapore and your location is Singapore and Yorkshire and you are talking about Hayes, why are you posting this on a Cambodian web site?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

You stated that 90% of Bradford is asian why ?

Charlie

BRADFORD
The largest proportion of the district's population (63.9%) identifies themselves as White British. The district has the largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin (20.3%) in England. The largest religious group in Bradford is Christian (45.9% of the population).
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

The title of TOGs post gave the game away

j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

you brits and apologists are pathetic....
I don't understand why you keep wanting the USA to save your chicken shit asses and defend you from Russia when you just give up your country to invasion and cowardly leaders...
brexit is a joke ....
racist twits ....
you are all anti white....
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

chiltern wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:16 am So you say your wife is from Singapore and your location is Singapore and Yorkshire and you are talking about Hayes, why are you posting this on a Cambodian web site?
One of the biggest clues as to what the General Chatter forum is about is in the description explaining what the General Chatter is here for.
Someone who setup CEO wrote:This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
But you knew that, didn’t you?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bubble T wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:42 pm While waiting for your brown wife to arrive at the airport you got pissed off by how many brown people they were letting in to your country.
So, you read the initial post, and the only bit you’ve managed to get correct is that there was an airport involved.
Well done.
For some people, it is important that they read more slowly, so that the details of the post are actually understood. Perhaps, read the post a few times, in case there is an issue with concentrating. Our 5yr old has the same difficulty.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 am You stated that 90% of Bradford is asian why ?

Charlie

BRADFORD
The largest proportion of the district's population (63.9%) identifies themselves as White British. The district has the largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin (20.3%) in England. The largest religious group in Bradford is Christian (45.9% of the population).
Good research Charlie, and, I am hoping your health as improved since the last time we talked.

You could say Bradford was in my back yard for 50 years, up until moving here. And one of my favourite foods is Indian curries. But like you have quoted in your percentages Charlie. The largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin in England. So that gets me to my most favourite of all are Pakistani curries.
Did you know in Bradford, you could go to a different Asian Restaurant or Take-away each day of the year, and you still would have not completed them all.
I have visited many over the years, I would take my children too. The day has come that their own children are going with them now.
One of our most enjoyable Restaurant's is the Karachi and as been around since I was a youngster.

Here is an extract from the thoughts of Rick Stein's visit.

Why the Karachi, when there are so many restaurants and curry houses in Bradford? Rick wanted to sample the food at one of the city's original curry houses. Others may have closed or moved on but the Karachi, with its formica tables and a kitchen you can see right into, still retains the feel of the working-mans cafe it once was. Until relatively recently it even had a sign outside saying 'Karachi Social Club.'
Here most of the effort goes into the food and the restaurant has built up a loyal clientele, some of whom have been popping in regularly since the 1960s. Rick Stein concludes: "The Karachi customers probably think that curries are always as good as this but they're not" and his crew say the food was "fantastic."

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bubble T wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:42 pm While waiting for your brown wife to arrive at the airport you got pissed off by how many brown people they were letting in to your country.

While the words 'brown' makes very it easy to bash this post (although it also gives it a nice touch of irony given the title of the thread and the first post) the core of the message still seems valid to me... Just exchange 'brown' with 'of foreign descent' or similar and you have it.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

TOG wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 am
My wife is Singaporean Chinese and has a very pale complexion.

Usual stupid reply from someone who has not read my post properly.

The last time I was in Hayes was around 50 years ago and the asian population were regarded as being exotic. When an ethnic group is displaced I do not think it is a good thing. I think it is much better if different cultures are spread around rather than grouped all together like Western people tend to do when they move overseas. In a foreign country I prefer to live among the original ethnic group rather than my own countrymen.

I just wonder why people move to a foreign country and try to turn it into what they have left behind?
A non sarcastic reply to a non racist observation

The way I read your post is that it is not that they are foreign born or children of foreign born nor is it they are a different race than you that shocked you. It is that they are brown. If the inhabitants of Hayes were " very pale complexion" I am sure you would be more welcoming, after all how a man who is married to an Asian could be considered racist is hard to comprehend, you are just more insightful than others.

No doubt in Cambodia you would choose spiders, crickets, prahok over a steak and kidney pie and wear a salong as opposed to a pair of shorts.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 am For some people, it is important that they read more slowly, so that the details of the post are actually understood. Perhaps, read the post a few times, in case there is an issue with concentrating. Our 5yr old has the same difficulty.
You seem confused. My entire post was correct, the OP is quibbling over shades of brown. The point remains, he's complaining about foreigners in his country while waiting for his foreign wife to arrive. Try taking your own advice about reading carefully.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic