Convicted American Pedophile JAMES ALLAN MORROW Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: American Pedophile & Murderer Arrested in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Albror »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 pm We generally don't let accused murderers out on bail in the USA which is one of the reasons I doubt this "murderer" claim.
It says he is a american but not were he committed the crimes?

Also he could have left the country before he was wanted by the police for murder-charges.

We simply need to wait for more information.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:39 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:37 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:24 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:02 pm Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to a Cambodian police official, they have arrested an unidentified American man over pedophile and murder crimes on March 31, 2019, in Phnom Penh.

Pedophile and murderer? What is your basis for writing that? It's pretty far fetched.
Straight from the police.
Oh that's nonsense. It's probably from the police to a crappy local newspaper who wrote it up and then you guys gave it a crappy translation. He's not a murderer. Top bloke all the way.
I assure you it's not a CEO news translation error. A Cambodian police official said he'd been arrested today (Sunday, March 31) over murder and pedophilia. They were first hesitant to release his picture, and still haven't released his name or elaborated on why he was arrested beyond murder and pedophilia.

I agree it's not clear what exactly is going on, but it's not a translation issue on our part, that I guarantee you.

I guess we'll have to wait until more details are released before we know more.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Who did he murder?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Morrow was arrested March 11, 2011, sentenced to ten years in prison for pedophilia, then sentenced to an additional three months for drug use in prison.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/88392/sex- ... increased/

He should be locked up for another two years.

Did someone let him out early in exchange for cash, and he resumed living/teaching in Cambodia, and then did someone else or Uncle Sam say "What the fuck?" and re-arrest him?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Total speculation here, but maybe he killed someone IN Prey Sar Prison.

That would make more sense, considering all the facts as of right now.

That would explain why the images are taken at the prison, because as far as I recall, when people are arrested, their first pics are taken at the scene of their arrest, or in front of the courts, when they are making an appearance.

That could also explain why a US agent is there, as he's there as James Morrow's routine assistance once he's already in the system.

It would also suggest that maybe he hasn't been released early, and is still locked up in Prey Sar Prison, and is only being led out to head to court.

If this is accurate, maybe that's why police would say he's in trouble for pedophilia (before) and also murder (now), but I agree it's all clear as mud right now.

No idea if that speculation is accurate, but it would at least explain some aspects of this unusual arrest. I really don't recall anyone's first arrest pics being at Prey Sar, and this could at least explain that. <shrugs>

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 am That would explain why the images are taken at the prison
The original post says "it appears he was arrested at a school."
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Cam Nivag wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 am That would explain why the images are taken at the prison
The original post says "it appears he was arrested at a school."
Haha, yes, those were my own words describing where I thought those images were taken, and that's how it 'appeared' to me, but it's been correctly pointed out by another CEO member that's it's clearly Prey Sar Prison.

Updated.

I would kind of expect to see a fun balls playpen behind those walls:

ImageImage

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:01 pm
Pisshead wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:52 pm Noobs have no idea about CEO code.
Mod Preview coming your way soon if you don't shut up.

You've been warned.
we told u ,how many times?
ban the fucker and all his socks for life
never have seen one person post so much worthless shit and keep at it.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:02 pm Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): According to a Cambodian police official, they have arrested an American man, JAMES ALLAN MORROW, over pedophile and murder crimes on March 31, 2019, in Phnom Penh.

These images were taken in front of Prey Sar Prison.

James Allan Morrow has previously been arrested in Cambodia over pedophilia and while he was serving his sentence for those charges he was charged with using meth in prison.

If that dude already spent 7 years at Prey Sar, he doesn't look so bad for it. At least hes's not sitting naked while someone pressure washes him and scrubs him down with a brush on a pole with his dangling bits laying in the puddle.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

The case of James Allan Morrow's arrest is still not clear, and Police Major General Viseth Tith Advisor to the Ministry of Interior has not made any further comments about it.

ImageImage

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic