Go to place, favourite meal

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Go to place, favourite meal

Post by wackyjacky »

Why does it have to be either or ? I like both. I ate at LS 3X this weekend and it was all good. Also ate at Armand's and it was excellent. Le Marmite is a better deal though (but not as good). Tried to go to that little French Bistro across from GSM, not sure but it appears to have bitten the dust. That place was a great deal. Went to a big fancy Khmer wedding party Sun & the gf & I are both shitting our brains out. Khmer have no concept of food safety. Food needs to be kept hot or cold. Most of the the food came out luke warm. 4 shots of JWB & 4 beers eliminated my hesitance. Immodium isn't working. Time for the Codeine.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sihanoukville - Ochheuteal Beach - beachfront between JJs and Dolphin : beach-shack called Beachy. (blue lights)

Tried to find Khin's but ended up at Beachy. Another barbeque place, but great welcome - also fantastic scallops and the baked patatoes were crunchy outside, well-cooked inside. Not fancy, but cool place and we ate well. Will go again.

(And no one was up all night :) )
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

wackyjacky wrote:Tried to go to that little French Bistro across from GSM, not sure but it appears to have bitten the dust. That place was a great deal. .

Yep I agree with you on that --- their charcuterie plate for $5 was excellent

They just never reopened the doors and the sign is of a place for rent - tried ringing the number on their sign but nobody answered. Hope they have opened somewhere else
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Jack from the German bakery in SV has just opened a euro deli, and some italian chaps are making ham and sausages inc salami down there too that i have heard good reports of- sorry no details more than that.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Siem Reap, on the basis of a couple of recommendations last night I went to a khmer joint on Wat Bo Road called Mr Grills. I had the headline dish of Steak with french fries for $5.50. I was under the impression that local beef was tougher than a pig with a flick knife but this was perfect. Washed down with a 50 cent draught I'll be back again and again and again.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Siem Reap, on the basis of a couple of recommendations last night I went to a khmer joint on Wat Bo Road called Mr Grills. I had the headline dish of Steak with french fries for $5.50. I was under the impression that local beef was tougher than a pig with a flick knife but this was perfect. Washed down with a 50 cent draught I'll be back again and again and again.
Do they still insert the garlic cloves into the beef? Nice touch!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

rick_o'shea wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Siem Reap, on the basis of a couple of recommendations last night I went to a khmer joint on Wat Bo Road called Mr Grills. I had the headline dish of Steak with french fries for $5.50. I was under the impression that local beef was tougher than a pig with a flick knife but this was perfect. Washed down with a 50 cent draught I'll be back again and again and again.
Do they still insert the garlic cloves into the beef? Nice touch!
Yes, I hadn't seen that before and it gives it an extra little bit of flavour, lovely.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Euro Deli where in SV? I like his bread.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

not sure- was on FB last week
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote:Jack from the German bakery in SV has just opened a euro deli, and some italian chaps are making ham and sausages inc salami down there too that i have heard good reports of- sorry no details more than that.
Is it called the German Butchery Bakery ?
Just got some of their uncooked ham at the mini-mart down the road - good with spaghetti, plus garlic, onion, lime and chilli. I see they also have salami and sausages. Prices are good too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic