Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by Phnom Poon »

I get it, 'explorer' is a computer AI
Without the I
The 'bunnies' aren't cute

monstra mihi bona!
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by Chamboy »

"It is an advantage if you can speak Khmer. You can say things everyone around can understand."

Well maybe... Hard to know from your spelling. Nonetheless there is an entertainment value in your assertive side which cannot be denied. That might work with a kind hearted crowd.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Explorer: your guide for bi-lingual tours of the red light districts of Phnom Penh.

No fisting, just oral. Guaranteed!

For more info and prices: [email protected]
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Patcan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:55 am Looks like she tried for a 400 or 500$ payday like the girl got at Mr. Butterfly Bar 136 Street... Another German too...Thought she had it in the bag! The crout went to Bunny for some funny and was lucky to not get beaten up and be out of pocket a few hundred. Cannot understand why so many customers who visit bars either have 100$ bils or have to go to The ATM .
On the subject of butterfly someone on FB shared an announcement from their page it is closing....wonder why? Didn't the same person own 4 of those bars in the same quarter?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:48 pm
No fisting, just oral. Guaranteed!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:beer2: Lol. Anyone who goes to a bar with only $2.50 in their pocket and expects to buy lady drinks is asking for problems. Bar 101 for beginners. :facepalm:
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

explorer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:27 am Cambodians can play manipulative games. Or should I say there are a lot of scams in Cambodia. A lot of foreigners fall for them. Why did she do it. Because it works. It is very likely you werent the first. She can put on a big act and get some money.

I would encourage people to stand up to people being unreasonable. Dont be bullied. It continues because too many foreigners fall for it.

How did she drag you back towards the bar? Are you really small? I would have kept walking.

If she wanted to scream and create a scene, I would be yelling out: "gom chgoot," which means "dont be crazy."

Yes. There have been a number of occasions where I have let people know.

To all you foreigners reading this, stand up for yourselves. They know it is a manipulative game. They think you are stupid because you fell for it.
By dragging me back I don't mean literally, she was just making it very difficult for me to walk away. While your advice is the best course of action to take in a normal setting, it still won't help you the next morning when you've been recorded and the videos doing the rounds on Facebook and you're being humiliated & ridiculed on expat forums etc. You might be the type of person that couldn't care less about that and that's admirable, however I am not and wouldn't want the attention.

Looking back I should have taken her back and at least got something for my money but who would want to put their dick in that type of crazy?

I've seen that girl dozens of times since over the years and she doesn't seem to even remember me which shows how common that sort of behavior must be for her.

As for the topic in hand, I did say my story was going to be slightly off topic - I wasn't suggesting they were similar incidents... I have no idea what that was all about but IMO it just didn't need the follow up "30 minute video" I keep alluding too and everything else that comes with it.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 pm By dragging me back I don't mean literally, she was just making it very difficult for me to walk away. While your advice is the best course of action to take in a normal setting, it still won't help you the next morning when you've been recorded and the videos doing the rounds on Facebook and you're being humiliated & ridiculed on expat forums etc. You might be the type of person that couldn't care less about that and that's admirable, however I am not and wouldn't want the attention.

Looking back I should have taken her back and at least got something for my money but who would want to put their dick in that type of crazy?

I've seen that girl dozens of times since over the years and she doesn't seem to even remember me which shows how common that sort of behavior must be for her.

As for the topic in hand, I did say my story was going to be slightly off topic - I wasn't suggesting they were similar incidents... I have no idea what that was all about but IMO it just didn't need the follow up "30 minute video" I keep alluding too and everything else that comes with it.
Most of us have been caught out by scams and manipulative girls in the early days. Most of us have not seen this type of behaviour before, and have no idea how to deal with it. You think they are genuine. Later you realize it is just a game to them.

Have you learnt from this?

If you were in a similar situation again, what would you do next time?

If you just kept walking, the only video would be of your back as you walked away.

You can turn mistakes into learning experiences.

I handled situations the best way I could with what I knew at the time. With what I know now, I handle them better now.

Men make mistakes, but fools continue to make mistakes.

I post this information because smart people learn from others' mistakes. I hope somebody reading this will realize when a girl is playing with them, and handle it better than they would otherwise.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:55 am
Most of us have been caught out by scams and manipulative girls in the early days.

Speak for yourself.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 pm On the subject of butterfly someone on FB shared an announcement from their page it is closing....wonder why? Didn't the same person own 4 of those bars in the same quarter?
The same unliked owner with no pull? They used to be strong armed by MPs.

newsworthy/the-third-time-police-warned ... 10547.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic