Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Pisshead wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:18 pm A second wallet with only 5$ or 10$ helps in these situations, Just act dumb, Dont speak any khmer just show then what you got and offer it to em.

This works for traffic fines i dunno bout hookers.
I would rather risk $20 loss at 1/200,000 chance instead of carrying a second wallet around.

Serious? Carry around multiple wallets just in case? GTFO
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man Allegedly Hits Staff Over $2.50 at Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by Pisshead »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 am
Pisshead wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:18 pm A second wallet with only 5$ or 10$ helps in these situations, Just act dumb, Dont speak any khmer just show then what you got and offer it to em.

This works for traffic fines i dunno bout hookers.
I would rather risk $20 loss at 1/200,000 chance instead of carrying a second wallet around.

Serious? Carry around multiple wallets just in case? GTFO
Mongering on 136# at 3AM is my speciality.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Pisshead wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:24 am
If you're still out mongering on St. 136 at 3am, you're doing it wrong.

By 3am you should be ballz deep, face buried in tousled, long, jet black, sweet scented hair, listening to soft moans of ecstasy...as you rhythmically thrust away, working on your third load of the night.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Go Brody..............you stud you !!!!!!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Arget wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:17 am Go Brody..............you stud you !!!!!!
=@
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

Brody wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:14 am
Pisshead wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:24 am
If you're still out mongering on St. 136 at 3am, you're doing it wrong.

By 3am you should be ballz deep, face buried in tousled, long, jet black, sweet scented hair, listening to soft moans of ecstasy...as you rhythmically thrust away, working on your third load of the night.
Naughty boy.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Certainly by 3am the ripe pickings have already been picked and the beer goggles come into play.. 8)
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

pczz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 am he looks like an aged crocodile dundee
Crocodile Dundee can’t get any more aged.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 am That's all well and good Explorer for barangs to stand up for themselves. However.....did you miss the OP's main point....?

"At this point the dreaded crowd began to gather all staring at me like I'd murdered someone and was deeply in the wrong, and I knew it wouldn't be long before the phones came out and my face and name would be all over the news the next morning with some humiliating spin like I refused to pay a hooker be put on the story."

Remember, the crowd are gonna hear/understand the girl's story.. not the barang's...regardless of what bullshit she's spinning. Then next minute it's on the local news, the police are called etc...who needs that agro? Everybody has their limits but at some point either earlier, later or the same time as the OP when a crowd gathered...I'd be getting out of there regardless of whether I'm right or wrong.
explorer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:27 am Cambodians can play manipulative games. Or should I say there are a lot of scams in Cambodia. A lot of foreigners fall for them. Why did she do it. Because it works. It is very likely you werent the first. She can put on a big act and get some money.

I would encourage people to stand up to people being unreasonable. Dont be bullied. It continues because too many foreigners fall for it.

How did she drag you back towards the bar? Are you really small? I would have kept walking.

If she wanted to scream and create a scene, I would be yelling out: "gom chgoot," which means "dont be crazy."

Yes. There have been a number of occasions where I have let people know.

To all you foreigners reading this, stand up for yourselves. They know it is a manipulative game. They think you are stupid because you fell for it.
Most of us have fallen for manipulative games in the early days. However, the smart people learn.

A lot of these situations are Cambodians bluffing. If you stand up for yourself they wont do anything.

I would not have let her drag me back. If I needed to twist her arm to make her let go, I would have twisted her arm. I actually wouldnt need to. If I just kept walking, the only way she could hold on to me would be to follow me.

Lets say it was a situation where I had not left yet, and she started screaming. I would have been yelling "crazy girl," in Khmer, and walked away. If I needed to, I would continue as appropriate. I may say: "I dont like crazy girl." Then continue to deal with the situation as appropriate.

There are a few situations like that where the whole bar is in on it, and foreigners do get beaten up. I believe in most cases the foreigners throw the first punch. If they did not throw the first punch, they would not get beaten up.

You wont get hit for saying: "I dont like crazy girl."

Standing up for yourself can increase the likelihood of getting hit on rare occasions. In many others, it will reduce the likelihood of you getting hit, as they have seen you will stand up for yourself.

If you use words, not violence, it is very unlikely you will get hit.

It is an advantage if you can speak Khmer. You can say things everyone around can understand.

If you cant speak Khmer, say it in English. There will be some who understand.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I will explain this from a different perspective.

Watch Cambodians, and see how they handle angry people, conflict and difficult situation. If you handle it the same way they do, you are unlikely to have problems.

When someone gets angry or raises their voice, what do Cambodians do?

They walk away.

Lets say there is a situation which cant be ignored, for example, a beggar walks into a restaurant and is harassing customers. What do Cambodians do?

They politely ask them to leave.

What if they dont leave?

They gently lead them out of the restaurant. They dont use violence.

In Cambodia, if you behave in an appropriate manner, it is extremely unlikely you will be hit by a Cambodian. It is 1000 times more likely you will be hit by a crazy foreigner.

Having said that, robberies do occur, and are sometimes violent. Some Cambodians are drug users, and can do crazy things.

But in a situation where you dont want to be scammed by a crazy girl, if you handle it the way a Cambodian would, you should not have any problems.

If you do hit a Cambodian, expect everyone in the street to be over you like ants, and you will get hurt. That is why foreigners get beat up. They dont handle it the way a Cambodian would.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic