How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

Post by B1.Barang »

This is the result of my poor English test.
I actually finished my Level 10 for GEP in my previous university, and now I come to another school and did a test again. I got GEP level 7. My teacher said if you don’t study, you will die. Now I understand about its meaning. Knowledge will fade before you become old if you stop learning or never practice them.

I am sure that many people in this expat are very good in either English or Khmer.
Please share your good experience about how to improve language skill. A previous thanks for a idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

Post by RickyBobby »

You are doing fine missus. You already can communicate in a second language. I can only communicate in one. "Practice makes perfect" So keep on going.

What would this level be if you took the IELTS?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: How poor in English or Khmer you are! If you are not a native English or Khmer people.

Post by Brody »

B1.Barang wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:05 am I am sure that many people in this expat are very good in either English
Not really. Just try corresponding with fax. Trying to figure what that guy is on about sometimes will twist your brain into a knot.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

RickyBobby wrote:You are doing fine missus. You already can communicate in a second language. I can only communicate in one. "Practice makes perfect" So keep on going.

What would this level be if you took the IELTS?
It’s depends, I joined the IELTS class twice in other private school, but I’ve never taken the test. To scar of low score.
For this school, you can take this IELTS class or exam only when you finished your 12th level.

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Posting on CEO is a good place to work on English. Post more, become more comfortable, get more experience, improve.

Please continue...
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Attendance 80%
Listening 12/20

Work on those

monstra mihi bona!
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

Phnom Poon wrote:Attendance 80%
Listening 12/20

Work on those
It is the top score of listening and the best attendance in my class.
However I failed my writing but I am the the top student in my class. Claps! Anyway the highest score in writing is 10
Thanks for your advise!

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Listening 12/20

Work on those
More exposure helps. More listening and speaking and writing opportunities breeds confidence.

Also she was told the wrong time for the exam. She arrived at the time she was told and it was 30 minutes late already and almost wasn’t allowed to take the exam.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

B1.Barang wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Listening 12/20

Work on those
I see

monstra mihi bona!
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

B1.Barang wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Listening 12/20

Work on those
However I failed my writing but I am the the top student in my class. Claps! Anyway the highest score in writing is 10
Thanks for your advise!

Based on your writing abilty here, and that score in an intermediate level, I would say whoever graded your writing paper has been a bit hard on you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic